Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
NEW " 20's Old Car Video"
Thought you might enjoy this! Some interesting OLD car history........... WELL WORTH SEEING 5 Minute(VIDEO). Good video on the Teens and 1920's of the Model T Fords in production and Action! Look at the ROAD conditions our DURANT Cars had to deal with! Neat...
Views: 354   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 1:14pm
by Carol Fogarazzo
A New Durant Partner Year! ~Please review your classifieds and update or delete
Hello there fellow Durantonians! I thought I would notify those of you who are online to please review your classified ads that appear in the Durant Partner. As you know we spend a lot of money to print and post, so we want to make sure that all content is up to dat...
Views: 324   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 14, 2009 1:12pm
by Carol Fogarazzo
14L for sale
I STILL HAVE A EXCELLENT RUNNING COMPLETE 14L ENGINE FOR SALE,INCLUDS CLUTCH.800$ plus shipping.this is the small displacement 14l 1926 27
Views: 315   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 6:52am
by brian boys
how to use the new dail telephone 1927
This is off the auto topic a bit, but it is from the Durant era. It is a promotional film made by the telephone company to educate the public on how to use the "New" Dial telephones from 1927. Rick
Views: 339   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 9:00pm
by Lance Chabot
Wanted: Star car
I am interested in purchasing a Star. Any Year/Model will be considered. Vehicle should be reasonably priced in fine to excellent condition. Should drive well with original running engine. No rust repair. Please e-mail with price, details, phone number and pictu...
Views: 347   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 4:46pm
by Don Shilling
roofing material
Hi everyone Just cleared my driveway AGAIN. Another 4 inches of the white crap. Sure happy to have a 4 trax with a plow--(drive is 200 feet long by 20 ft wide ) svaes me a lot of work I am just wondering what method is used to put the roofing on . I believ...
Views: 413   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 12:27pm
by Lance Chabot
Little hand for a Rugby owner in Brazil !
Dear ones, You can't just imagine my happiness when I came to this website and discovered I could have a family, a Durant family! I am a classic pianista and teacher and recently acquired a very very beautiful RUGBY car, which the guy said to be a 1927 RUGBY. I...
Views: 933   Replies: 28
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 8:20pm
by gary k
Driving in New York City 1928
Here is a fun film from 1928. The driving is a little on the wild side and about 3/4 of the way through the film you'll notice a police car that looks like a Star Roadster. Buckle up for this ride. Rick
Views: 496   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 6:48pm
by Jim Geenamyer
New Magazine: Pre War Auto Notes
There is a brand new magazine out this month that covers our era of cars. Primarily the period prior to WWII. It's published in Wisconsin. I emailed the editor and received a complimentary copy to read which I received today. The magazine is new and is in the stage o...
Views: 654   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 2:12pm
by Jan
"MUSIC & AUTOMOBILE, a possible interface"
Dear friends, I already told President Rick Botti by email about my passionate research "MUSIC & AUTOMOBILE, a possible interface". I would like then to explain a bit about it: I am a pianist and teacher at the University of Brasilia and last month I presented...
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 4:54am
by Dib Franciss
Why have the coupes survived?
It seems that a majority of cars turning up lately for sale are coupes. I wonder why they have survived and the others haven't. Were they more popular or less?
Views: 306   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 6:11pm
by cdmn
for sale Star M? roadster w/rumbleseat
I made contact with a Bob Knight, Prescott, AZ that has a Star For Sale. Runs, Roadster w/rumbleseat?? He is asking $8,500. His phone number is 623 572 2616. Bob is not a DMAC member, his interest was in making it into a hotrod?? I have not seen the car which...
Views: 550   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 1:22pm
by Lance Chabot
water pump part
Does anyone have an end plate for a water pump for a 1930 Durant 6 cyl. engine they can part with? I have a good housing I can rebuild if I had the endplate.
Views: 397   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 12:00pm
by Jim Glover
A Look at the Oakland Durant Star factory in 1928
The film is a nice look back into Oakland during 1928. There are some shots of the Durant/Star factory at just over 10 min. into this film. Other auto plants include Willys Overland, Chrysler and Chevrolet. There is no need to adjust the sound, there isn'...
Views: 419   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 10:14am
by Lance Chabot
Two more lost 1930 coups now rods
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109145 http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321190
Views: 734   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 3:25am
by Norm Toone
Texarkana DMAC 2009
This is a good time as any to get started on this so here we go! Sept 9-13, 2009 (Wed-Sun), DMAC 11th Annual Convention in Texarkana, Ark-Tex. The host motel will be La Crosse (www.lacrosse-hotel.com), located on I-30 and State Line Avenue on the Arkansas side....
Views: 465   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 6:46am
by Frank Witkowski
Durant Cars and Al Capone?
Pat, an old country mechanic, friend of a friend, told my friend, who told me, that Al Capone liked (owned)Durants. Can anyone add to this legend or put the lie to it? My wife calls our Mod 70 sedan the "Gangster Car", perhaps it just stereo typing or is ther...
Views: 356   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 2:58am
by Norm Toone
Texarkana Meet
Marily and I have decided to attend the meet in Texarkan in September after some encouragement from Frank and Katy . My Durant will not be able to attend. Due to health problems and old age it will not be able to travel that far. I have some questions about the...
Views: 410   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 10:05pm
by Bert babick
Axle / Pinion Bearings and Seals
Wanted to allow club members to know that I have found George at Olcar Bearing Co. to be a valuable resource for axle and pinion bearings and seals for my 1926 Star Model M Touring. Thanks George To contact George - 1.910.693.3324
Views: 259   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 8:03am
by Guy J. Belzil
LOCOMOBILE News "New"
All Rick has given me a Green light to do these Postings on LOCOMOBILE historic News: Here's Number 1: When Billy Durant tookover Locomobile in the early 20's they only made one very Exclusive model; the big 142" inch WB, expensive ($7,550 to $11,200) Model 48! I...
Views: 300   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 5:57am
by Yates Milton
g
gary k
reminder: read gary's new years resolution below
read my resolution below and help.....HELP!!!!!!!
Views: 372   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 8:49pm
by gary k
Titllotson carburator
Did anyone in the club or on tyhe forum purchase that Tillotson JR5A carb that was on eBay - for the 22A continental engine? The auction ended Christmas eve and I wasn't paying attention or I would have bought it. It went cheap even if for parts. I have my original...
Views: 1970   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 2:42am
by Norm Toone
East Coast Chapter Spring Meet
Ok Durantonions no I have not lost my mind but I wanted to get a posting early to get everyone's opinion so plans can be in the making. Last spring we tried but had only a couple registered and it was a real disappointment so we are starting early this year. Hopefull...
Views: 701   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 5:36pm
by Mike Linthicum
Parking Lights
Are the Parking Lamps used on Durant interchangeable with any other auto maker or reproduction on the market? While I'm sure after searching the forums the answer will be no, I figure it's worth a shot. These little guys seem to be the part to find. Thanks S...
Views: 343   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 12:48pm
by Norm Toone
Spark Plugs
I have been doing a little bit of research on sparkplugs for our Durants. The Factory parts books that my father and I have (Durant Motors of Canada & Dominion Motors of Canada), up to june 1930 do not list a sparkplug at all,after june 1930 they list Champion spark...
Views: 601   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 3:34am
by Norm Toone
1927 RUGBY TAIL LIGHT
Dear friends, Hope you have enjoyed the New Year's night celebration. I wish you a greatly happy 2009 to you and your family. Thank you for all the messages of warm welcome wishes. It is so important for someone new to the group. I started the year looking for t...
Views: 382   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 2, 2009 4:26pm
by Carol Fogarazzo
Durant Partner
Recieved the new Partner today. GOOD JOB to all who made it happen. Helps us relive the last meet. So much FUN. Can't wait for the next one.
Views: 669   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 2, 2009 11:51am
by Charles A. Spitz...
614 wood top and door post
I have a 1930 durant 614. It has been in my family for quite some time. I'm geting ready to start the restoration prossess. All the metal is in top shape but the wood roof and passanger door post have rotted out (there could be more but this is what I can see). I'm w...
Views: 338   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 2, 2009 11:09am
by Jan Arnett
e
Eliot
wood spoked wheels
I am finally finding time to work on the Star again. I should have the brake linkage back together soon. Working the front axel and king pins. I am about to tackle my wheels and am looking for help. The wood seems sound, but I need to take them apart to clean them...
Views: 570   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 2, 2009 11:06am
by Jan Arnett
1927 Star for sale on EBAY
There is a 1927 Star for sale on EBAY. The item number is 270321140299.
Views: 492   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 2, 2009 8:29am
by Linda Mannie
Ignition Points Rugby/Durant D40 1929
Hi Fellows, I hope you can help me . Looking for ignition points to suit my 1929 D40. They have a slightly longer spring. Does anyone have a supplier where I can obtain same. Thanks in anticipation.
Views: 281   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 2, 2009 8:09am
by Mike Linthicum
Steering wheel Restoration
I have a 1930 614 Durant. The steering wheel is cracked in a couple of places. Is there anywhere I could send it to get a like new restoration. It seems to me like the steering wheel is made out of bakelite, but i'm unsure. Does anyone know for sure what material it...
Views: 329   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 2, 2009 7:32am
by ross hoevet
W5a - 600 - H Specs
Have found a good 1927 152 ci W5 4 cyl Continental (with a Star plate) to replace my original 1926 cracked block; and am going thru a rebuild. Initial bore was 3 and 3/8 inches and cylinders currently have 20 thou natural wear and will by honed 30 thou. My question...
Views: 691   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 1, 2009 10:17am
by cdmn
Happy New Year!
To all of our Durant family we wish you a Happy New Year! May 2009 be a good year for all of you, and we look forward to seeing you in Texarkana at the annual meeting in September. Charlie and Peggy Spitz
Views: 280   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 31, 2008 10:11pm
by Lance Haynes
motor mounts
Hello again all, I am in need of motor mounts for my 23 Star C Touring with a W-4 engine. They are more like pads or cushions than actual mounts. Thanks,
Views: 445   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 31, 2008 7:21am
by Lance Chabot
Forum Page Advertising
Happy Holidays Everyone! I know that nobody asked, but I don't like the new advertising boxes and links on the Forum page. The page takes longer to load on my computer. Is there a benefit to our club that I don't know about?
Views: 367   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 28, 2008 8:09pm
by gary k
Tire Terminology
Looking thru the parts books I see wheels and rims pertaining to "High Pressure", "Balloon", and "Cord" tires. "High Pressure" means clincher type rims but what is the difference between "Cord" and "Balloon" construction?
Views: 309   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 27, 2008 9:03pm
by Don Shilling
article in old cars weekly
Did anyone else see the article in old cars weekly about Durant http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/GeneralMenu/
Views: 307   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 27, 2008 5:10pm
by Mike Rice
What distributor is this?
I have an Autolite distributor on my 25 Star that is not correct. I dug through the parts that came with it in hopes of finding a correct one. This is what I found. It is an Autolite but doesn't have any number on it. It does have the disk-shaped rotor. Does any...
Views: 428   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 25, 2008 7:18pm
by gary k
A DURANT CLUB NEW YEARS RESOLUTION
DEAR MEMBERS; I HAVE MADE A RESOLUTION FOR 2009. I HAVE DECIDED TO ATTEMPT TO COMPLETE THE PARTS GUIDE THAT I HAVE PLANNED FOR 2 PREVIOUS YEARS. THESE PARTS GUIDES DEPEND ON THE HELP FROM YOU, THE MEMBERS. YOU ARE NEEDED TO SEND PICTURES OF THE SMALL PARTS OF YOUR C...
Views: 374   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 25, 2008 4:49pm
by Norm Toone
Merry Christmas
To one and all I want to wish you all a very merry Christmas and all the very best in the new year. Cut loose,eat drink and enjoy for after the new year we may diet-- Ken and Norma McCormick
Views: 466   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 24, 2008 6:46pm
by Frank Witkowski
Fuel Tank Replacement
I'm at a point where I need to start looking for new fuel tanks for our '27 Star Coupe projects. Anybody know of any sources for reproduction tanks for our cars?? I have a couple of fairly decent but otherwise shot examples to be used for dimensions and fittings....
Views: 350   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 24, 2008 2:42pm
by Vince O\'Brien
Water Outlet Pipe
Where can I get a correct water outlet pipe for the top of the head for my 23 Star C Touring, W-4 engine. I see on the Vancover Parts Connection a couple of water outlet pipes for Model M and engine 14L and 15L but don't know if they would work. Thanks and a Merr...
Views: 269   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 24, 2008 11:35am
by Franz Fraitzl
WANT TO SELL
I HAVE A A 1926 STAR SIX COUPE THAT WAS PURCHASED BY A LITTLE OLD LADIE FROM MARYSVILLE ,MT IN 1926 AND NOW I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT GO TO A GOOD HOME. I DON`T KNOW HOW MUCH ITs WORTH.I AM LOOKING FOR A LITTLE HELP ON THAT. THE CAR HAS BEEN STORED AND IT RUNs JUST A F...
Views: 939   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 24, 2008 1:15am
by Lance Chabot
Locomobile Pictures
Mike, I will be forwarding you and Rick pictures of my Locomobiles for inclusion in the Photographs section. Plus I've also been approached by several other Locomobile owner's (with pictures)in the US and worldwide for information and help, who I have asked to join...
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 23, 2008 4:02pm
by Lance Chabot
Time for new photographs!
Since my last posting over a year ago, I'm sure that there are new Durantonions out there with pictures of their cars. I know of several that I have not seen their car's pictures yet. Let's send them in to Rick and get them on the web site. Remember if they are not c...
Views: 322   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 23, 2008 2:45pm
by John Willoughby
Merry Christmas
Best wishes for a Merry Christmas & a Wonderful 2009 to all members from hot humid sunny Queensland Australia 30 C .
Views: 282   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 23, 2008 2:39pm
by Ken Brink
Carburetor for 6-70
The carburetor on my 6-70 is a Carter BB-1 and accordiing to the book it should be a Tillotson. Could someone please let me know which Tillotson. I would be willing to trade for or buy the correct carburetor (I also need a breather). Other parts needed: Win...
Views: 383   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 22, 2008 8:38pm
by gary k
Replacement Data Plates
Hi All.... I never intended to cause a problem, only did this to help fellow members, sorry for any problems this may have caused. Here is the email I recieved, and was asked to post. I do agree in principal, but don't think any members would use these plates...
Views: 703   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 22, 2008 8:17am
by Jan Arnett
Distributor housings
Here are a few pictures of the finished 4 cylinder distributor housings. Next to it the original. Enjoy.
Views: 337   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 22, 2008 5:47am
by Mike Butters
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

The Durant Motors Automobile Club