Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum Page Advertising

Happy Holidays Everyone!
I know that nobody asked, but I don't like the new advertising boxes and links on the Forum page. The page takes longer to load on my computer. Is there a benefit to our club that I don't know about?

Re: Forum Page Advertising

Dennis
I don't know what browser you use, but I don't get any advertisements on my page. Is your pop up blocker engaged. It might be what ever internet browser you use. Rick should be able to advise on this.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Advertising links don't show up on my computer. If the clubs site does have advertising we should be every time the site receives a hit. That would be a good thing for the club.
Chuck

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

That was interesting, for some unknown reason the company that provides our forun service turned those nasty ads back on. It's taken care of now, no more ads.

Now it's time for that first cup of coffee in the morning.

Rick

Thanks Rick .. sure was annoying as it chugged to finally get to the Forum page. And banners for ads and do I want to open pop ups. Bet the other guys didn't see it if they didn't go in like I do at 5:30 am.

Also 3 additional boxes to check below the two we have now. Diable Smiles and Notify me ..... Don't recall what they said. Something about Webmasters and such.

However gone again.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The additional boxes may have been allow html and smiles. I have set those to turned on for the forum default. I don't recall any others.

Rick

I am glad to see they are now gone-.--I got them this morning too .
K
en

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant - model614 - Deluxe rumble seat coupe

I guess the early bird catches the ads
Rick

Rick,
I have been using McAfee virus scanner and Pop-up blocker and did not get any interuption, ADs, or Pop-ups during this time.

Note: Home e-mail address change/correction; lchabot1@Cox.net

Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

no problems on my comcast.net pages either...gary k

The Durant Motors Automobile Club