Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Magazine: Pre War Auto Notes

There is a brand new magazine out this month that covers our era of cars. Primarily the period prior to WWII. It's published in Wisconsin. I emailed the editor and received a complimentary copy to read which I received today. The magazine is new and is in the stage of growth. It has no advertising just good stories about cars. I guess depending on how the subscriptions go, it will depend on if there is advertising or not. Since there is not many magazines that cater to our time period you might give it a try. Email the kcmath@tds.net and request a free inaugural copy. It has a mixture of black & White and color photos and promises to be a good magazine for us early car lovers.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

Re: New Magazine: Pre War Auto Notes

Thanks for the tip Mike, I'll send them a request today.

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant Deluxe Model 60 Sport Roadster

I sent a request this morning --Hope to hear from them early tomorrow . Sure looks like a good book
Thanks for the tip Mike
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

I've read it and think it is, but the subscription is a bit pricey right now since it is new and has not accepted advertising. The Editor has a history of early 20's cars in his family and that's why he decided to start the magazine. I'm sure it will evolve into a great magazine and we do need to support anything that covers our car era.

I got my reply today and find it a bit pricey. Apparently we in Canada will have to pay 20.00 US more than you americans--sounds a bit steep to me.
I was told the US price is to be 40.00 and that makes it 60 for us poor canucks
I will have to think about that- I will see when I get my copy that he is sending .
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant- Model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Ken
You might give it some time as I'm sure as the subscriptions increase they can lower the subscription price. On the AACA forum that also was the main complaint of the subscription being to high. Time will tell.

Can anyone tell me where we can subscribe to this publication? Our shop owner is in the January 2009 edition with the 1904 De Dion Bouton that we re-did, which was a winner at Pebble Beach.

We are very interested in subscribing to and/or getting copies of the January 2009 issue.

Thank you,
Jan
Tired Iron Works
Monrovia, California
626-359-9306

Do You own a car built by Durant? No, Our Shop restores cars

Jan, the address is:

Pre War Auto Notes
E2315 County Road B
Scandinavia, WI 54977-9766

715 445-5387
kcmath@tds.net

That article is on page 20. That's one beautiful motorcar.

Rick

Where Are You From? www.archive.org/details/OaklandC1928

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D60 Roadster

I saw that vehicle also, what a nice car. I subscribe to the magazine and see that they have some advertising showing up, so maybe in another year or so the subscription price will drop. That magazine and Hemming Classic Car are the only two I subscribe to and I enjoy both of them.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Mike, Rick,
I really liked the first issue but did not subscribe. Recently on the web I got a hit for LOCOMOBILE (they were referenced but it would not open)

Have they featured Locomobile in any issues that you have got? If so What was the issue Number/Date?

Sounds like it would be worth getting it. I also get Hemmings Classic magazine which like Bob I really like. I'm thinking of a subscription. Thanks.

Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile Brogham, 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Thank you Rick for th eaddress. I will check into subscribing. The car was amazing

Jan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club