Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Distributor housings

Here are a few pictures of the finished 4 cylinder distributor housings.
Next to it the original.
Enjoy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: Distributor housings

Franz - I see my W-5 housing is machined a little different on the top. Circular all the way around. Mine has no ears for a 180 degree clamp. My clamp is a separate piece fastened to the lower part of the distributor. Guess it just depends of the model of distrbutor. Fritz

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The round one on top is usually on 6 cylinder engines.
I am working on that one next.

I have learned that there are 4 different types of distributor housing that were used. It all dependeds on the type of generator you have. I have made all four in the past, the 4 cyl. one in the picture is them most common. I have made many of these over the years.
Mike Butters

Mike
Do you guys have a web site or email address? I have a Durant door handle that I would like to see if you already have reproduced or if not can pour it in stainless or bronze. I can email you a picture of it.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Hi Mike, My email address is nbutters@eagle.ca You can send a picture if you like. I am sure that I would already have the handle in my patterns.
Thanks,
Mike Butters

The Durant Motors Automobile Club