Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Vehicle Registration
I and my friends have been working on my 1921 Dort Model 17 Touring and it now runs and is nearly original. Needs new top, and needs to be painted. I called on getting an antique vehicle license and was told that it needs to have brake lights, turn signals, etc. I...
Views: 291   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 16, 2008 10:12am
by Dick Riel
Need help on year of Star touring car
OK old Star car experts I need your help. Just bought a unknown year Star touring car here from our auto museum with a(new improper title saying 1926) and id W5421239 which is the motor number and it has the W5 ID Star brass tag still on it. Wheel base measures a...
Views: 1455   Replies: 22
Last Post: Aug 15, 2008 3:57pm
by Glenn Guild
Changing Tires
One of the best buys I have made is a rim jack. Found it at a flea market. Paid $15. Like brand new, don't think it was ever used, still had the paint on it. It hung in my garage for a couple of yrs. Didn't realize how invaluable a tool this would be. Well, I just in...
Views: 686   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 13, 2008 7:57am
by Lance Chabot
l
Lar
Throttle and Spark Advance levers
I was wondering if there is a way to increase the drag on the throttle and spark levers. When I start my D65 I have to bottom out the fuel lever in order for it to hold. This is quite unnerving when it starts as the RPM is very high. I only hand crank as I find it st...
Views: 556   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 13, 2008 6:09am
by Lawrence
New Technical Advisor
I'm happy to announce that Dave Roberts the Forum's own "Wolfman" is now our new Rugby Technical Advisor! Thank you Dave for accepting on this position, I'm very excited and know you'll bring a wealth of information to the post. Rick Botti President Dur...
Views: 507   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 11, 2008 12:19pm
by Yates Milton
Hershey October 08 - 11 2008
Besides Larry F and Ed V, anybody else planning on going to Hershey. I just made my reservations!
Views: 251   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 8, 2008 9:26pm
by gary kauffman
Article for AACA Magazine
I have contacted West Peterson, Editor-in-Chief of the Antique Automobile, which is the official publication of the Antique Automobile Club of America. I approached him with the thought of an article on Billy Durant. He is interested in the article and would also li...
Views: 411   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 8, 2008 10:53am
by Yates Milton
DeVaux fan pulley
I just encountered a problem with my "new" DeVaux. The fan pulley 'set up' while I was driving this past weekend...fortunately I wasn't far from home! We've got the pulley off, and discovered that what they say in the instruction manual about adding oil every 2000 m...
Views: 321   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 7, 2008 6:15pm
by Frank Witkowski
c
carl
performance problem w-5
i,m working on 30 durant i bought which supposedly had the motor rebuilt. turns out its more like the motor got a new coat of paint. i have reset the points .020, new 3076 plugs gapped .027. timing is set 4 teeth before tdc. when running the the timing advances. i re...
Views: 918   Replies: 20
Last Post: Aug 6, 2008 7:31pm
by Ron Jaremkow
SPARK PLUG CONNECTORS
HI ALL, I AM LOOKING FOR A SET OF SPARK PLUG ENDS THAT CLIP ON TO THE ROUND SPARK PLUG TOPS.ANYONE HAVE FOUR GOOD ONES THAT THEY MAY BE WILLING TO PART WITH?. IF YOU ALL WILL BE AT HERSHEY IN OCTOBER I WILL BE AT CLASS 17A WITH MY 23 STAR TOURING GOING FOR MY AACA S...
Views: 432   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 6, 2008 8:16am
by ED VOMERO
California Road Trip in a 1929 Durant Roadster
Here are a few pictures of today's trip. I drove the roaster to the Niles Canyon Railway station in Sunol, then stopped for breakfast in Old Town Pleasanton. From there we drove to Livermore and stopped at the former Durant Dealership (Highway Garage). The people th...
Views: 555   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 4, 2008 2:42pm
by Rick Botti
Starter Wanted for 31
Starter motor wanted for 1931 Durant. Auto-Lite #MAB-4037 Please contact Paul @ 304-821-1326 E-mail: vintage motorcar@aol.com Thanks!
Views: 395   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 1, 2008 4:53am
by S. Blomquist
Re- Use of Head Gasket
I have just put a new head gasket on a re-built 4 cyl. engine. The engine has never been cranked. The man helping me says that if I remove the head I will have to replace the head gasket even if it is new. I say the gasket can be re-used. Whose right?? Yates
Views: 386   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 26, 2008 1:52am
by Yates Milton
information
Hello, Juan Carrera and I live in Brazil, please, I have a Rugby 1928 and would like to receive information about, because I do not know what is your model and wonders whether in USA well I find pieces. Thank you very much, Juan Carrera
Views: 467   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 25, 2008 4:10pm
by Walter Pre
We're a Subversive Bunch!
I just got back from a tour of China. While there, I tried to access the Durant Forum. I could get our home page but they blocked the forum. I guess one never knows when a bunch of old car collectors will start a revolution! The only old vehicles I saw were bic...
Views: 321   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 24, 2008 1:39pm
by Don Shilling
New Kettering Uni book on Durant
Hello everyone. Great news from Kettering University of the Scharchburg Archives division as they have published a almost secret book from our mans personal papers they have. After tracking down a Carolyn lady there at phone number 810-762-9890 and ordering a dozen...
Views: 381   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 24, 2008 12:03pm
by Lance Haynes
A22 engine runs
I won this engine on Ebay that was listed as a chevy engine. The basic engine was in good condition so worked on it and got it running. For more information and pictures go to the smokstak location below. http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49746 I pla...
Views: 3733   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 23, 2008 9:14pm
by Bud Tierney
c
carl
motor parts needed
where can i find a head gasket (mccord #5066), intake gasket and 4 exhaust valve spring for the w5 motor. 1930 m22.
Views: 376   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 21, 2008 7:35pm
by carl
new piston/rings/gaskets 6cylinder 14L engine
i am doing up a durant engine 14L and if anyone could help me locate new pistons .060 over size and gaskets also piston rings to suit i would be very happy thanks alot this car is a two owner vehicle it has traveled to the top of mount kosciusko the highest mountain...
Views: 449   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 21, 2008 3:27am
by Sid Semple
Durant Hub Caps Alteration
Hi fellows, I refer to my message of 13th July re the above Hub Caps. I have been advised I posted an incorrect email address, the correct email is shown on this message. Also the hub Caps are original and are of BRASS and not Aluminuimm as previously listed. Age...
Views: 592   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 19, 2008 7:20pm
by John Sweeney
1931-1932 DEVAUX Wheel on EBAY
Hello, Someone is selling a wheel on Ebay as a Devaux wheel. The wheel is 17" with 4 lug holes and is solid metal. I thought all Devaux wheels were 19" with 5 lugs and either wire or wood spokes?
Views: 409   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 16, 2008 3:33pm
by Gary Yelle
Durant Hotel in Flint gets 5.8 million
State gives $5.8M tax credit to Durant Hotel project in Flint by Melissa Burden and Dana DeFever | The Flint Journal Tuesday July 15, 2008, 10:43 PM FLINT -- The former Durant Hotel in downtown Flint landed a $5.8 million brownfield tax credit from the state -- b...
Views: 387   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2008 12:05pm
by Lance Haynes
e
Eliot
A Fun Web site
I remember while growing Dad Subscribed to a select number of magazines. One of which was Popular Science. One of the articles that I read monthly was the Model Garage. I came across a web sight that has them all from. I started reading them from 1925 forward....
Views: 384   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2008 7:19pm
by Eliot
Durant Hub Caps.
Hi Fellows, Having just obtained a set of Rugby Hub Caps for my vehicle I now have available for sale a set of 4 Round Durant Hub Caps. These are approx 4in in diameter with about 2and 1/4 inch thread. They only have minor scratches. They are made of al...
Views: 405   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 14, 2008 5:40pm
by John Sweeney
New Old Stock Water Pump Couplings
Hi All..... Just unearthed from the "Lost Parts of Auburn" Here is your chance to own a piece of history. This is the rubber coupling between the generator and water pump on the 4 cylinder cars. Check out page 37 of the illustrated parts book Durant part...
Views: 855   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jul 11, 2008 8:04am
by ED VOMERO
1929 Deluxe Sport Roadster Model 60 - Almost Done
After seven years of work with the last three seeing the most activity, my little Roadster is almost done. The picture below was taken in 2001 the after it arrived home. The next three pictures were taken today. Rick
Views: 1085   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jul 10, 2008 7:25am
by Ken McCormick
body work
Good morning everyone. since this is my first restoration I have many questions that may seem obvious but please bear with me. there is some trim on the back of my coupe that is pulling up and some trim along the back of the cab is warping.(See photos below)...
Views: 492   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 8, 2008 6:47am
by Dave Schulte
FYI "Raymere" Durants NJ home
Dear Mr. Bandel The Raymere, stately French influenced mansion of General Motors founder, William C. Durant was located at Runyon and Ocean Avenues in Deal, NJ. In September 1951, the Arnold Wrecking Company began a seven-week project to level the mansion. I ha...
Views: 568   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 8, 2008 3:42am
by Richard W. Bande...
Star W-4 & W-5 Engines For Sale
Hi All..... I was contacted by a fellow in Harrisonburg, Virginia. He has 2 Star engines and parts from a third. Some Accesories still on engines, Wants to sell them for local pick-up. If anyone is interested contact me for the details and phone number. Fr...
Views: 439   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 7, 2008 8:25pm
by Guy Belzil
Rear Quarter Panel Timberwork
Does anyone have any pictures of the timber work in the rear quarter panels that they could e-mail to me? I'm progressing quite well on the timber work for my 29 D40 tourer, with a lot of help coming from some of the old timber work and an identical restored car t...
Views: 391   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 7, 2008 2:53pm
by Walter Pre
marketing mumerous Dort parts and chassis
I am interested in selling the collection of Dort parts that I have. I have what I have been told is a 1919 Dort touring car that is complete minus top. I all so have extra chassis. several motors, wheels and many other parts. I have no idea of how to market these...
Views: 687   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 7, 2008 1:13pm
by Yates Milton
Needed for 23 Durant A-22
Anyone have a cylinder head for a early 4 cylinder Durant. Had mine repaired ,but still has some leaking problems and seems to be warped. Tried Framk Witkowski and he does have one. Also what torque is used for the cylinder head bolts?? No specs. are listed in e...
Views: 383   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 6, 2008 4:24am
by Yates Milton
Vacuum Tank Gasket
I'm rebuilding my 1925 Star vacuum tank and need a top gasket anyone have one and if so how much Thanks Mel E-Mail 56mfw@comcast.net
Views: 317   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 4, 2008 12:50pm
by Rick Botti
Pictures of John's 1931 Roadster ??
Hi All..... Here are a couple pictures John sent me of his roadster. This is the car he asked about in a previous post. I have about 20 pictures of this car. If you have a high speed connection and would like me to forward them to you, just send me an email....
Views: 556   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 3, 2008 11:45am
by John Hutcherson
It Runs
I just got my engine running after converting it to 12 volts. I had to create a new wiring harness for the engine bay and added a voltage regulater. I'm amazed that it runs with all the new wiring it works :-) I'm a happy camper. Rick
Views: 518   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 2, 2008 8:22pm
by Rick Botti
kingpins ?
Hi, my name is phillip and I just bought a 1930 Druant 614 coupe from Lance Haynes. (Great guy) I'm in the process of trying to replace the kingpins but don't know where to get replacements or what the specs are if i was to have a shop make them for me. would an...
Views: 487   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 2, 2008 8:11pm
by Phillip Butterfi...
l
Lar
Long term Storage
I have decided to put my car into storage for the next couple of years as I have a couple of other projects to finish. I normally drive it every summer for some exercise however this won't be practical for the next while. There are a lot of things written about stora...
Views: 388   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 2, 2008 4:53am
by Lar
drawings and measurements
Does any one of you Durant Partners have some drawings and measurements of the complete floor and the wood in the cowl for a model 63 that you restored. I am willing to reimburse you for your trouble. Dave
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2008 7:32pm
by Dave Jansen
Oil capacity and Oil indicator
Dad recently acquired a 1928 Durant M2. The car is a 4 cylinder. My question is the capacity and grade of oil for the engine. Also, is the floating oil indicator marked for full, or add a quart? Probably stupid questions, but this is the first Durant I've seen....
Views: 614   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 29, 2008 8:22am
by Richard Bandel J...
Old Parts Cache found
Recently I picked-up my 26 Locomobile Jr-8 Sedan from it's Niagara Falls Can. shop location. A quick inventory revealed the following early 20's to mid 20's* parts cache. These parts are available for a very reasonable price: *Early 20's Star Grille/Radiator,...
Views: 491   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 26, 2008 5:24pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Do you want a stop by visitor ?
If you live close to interstate 64 between St. Louis and the east cost and have a car under restoration and would like to show it to me around July 20 or July 21 please contact me by e-mail and give me a number and a good time to call. Thanks, Dave
Views: 332   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2008 10:22am
by Dave Jansen
Is anyone going to southern California ?
If anyone is going to the Long Beach area within the next 6 months,and will be coming back close to St. Louis Mo. please contact me at 618-523-4459 or give me your number and I will call you. I am in need of some parts to be brought to this area. Here are other po...
Views: 305   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2008 10:13am
by Dave Jansen
carburetor float
I am in need of a carburetor float for a 1923 A-22 durant the old one was cork and because of age it fell apart. I put in a new cork one I maded but the cork would not float so I do not know what to do, so if any one can help me out I would apprediate it. thank you
Views: 288   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 25, 2008 10:34pm
by Vince O'Brien
1931 Devaux on EBAY
Hello all, The "Custom Convertible" Devaux is back on EBAY. Item number is 330246885404. There is a reserve.
Views: 328   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2008 3:48pm
by Dennis Murphy
Grill Shells
Hi. Does anyone happen to have a '34 or '35 Chevy Master grille shell? Or, any pointed "shield style" grille shells that come to a point at the bottom would work too.
Views: 311   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2008 2:11pm
by Mike Jordan
pressure plate
I have two pressure plates for my 29 model 60, both are cracked where the guide bolts are. Is this a common problem? Can they be welded and resurfaced? Does anyone have a good one for sale?
Views: 364   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 21, 2008 9:24pm
by Don Shilling
Removing Steering Wheel
The model 28 I have has a wooden steering wheel with wooden spokes. I've remove the horn button mechanism and cannot figure out how to get the steering wheel off. Looks like the spark advance and throttle levers are held on by the center with a rivet type pin. I thou...
Views: 675   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 20, 2008 7:10am
by Gordon F. Curl
Star titles for sale
I met this man at the january allentown armory show....he had titles for sale....two were 1927 star i think he said a roadster and a 2 door...another was a 1929 mdel 60, probably a durant...i don't remember and my notes are not clear.... call: Ed Miller, West Col...
Views: 340   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 19, 2008 8:23pm
by gary kauffman
r
rscott
1923 Dort for sale
e-mail me
Views: 594   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 18, 2008 9:19am
by Lance Chabot
Timing chain
I am over hauling a W-5. The timing chain is very loose. Is there some place I can buy a new timing chain for a reasonable price? If I can't find a new chain, I am considering taking out a link from the existing chain. Is this permissible? The timing chain looks fi...
Views: 656   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jun 18, 2008 7:43am
by Don Palla
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

The Durant Motors Automobile Club