Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parking Lights

Are the Parking Lamps used on Durant interchangeable with any other auto maker or reproduction on the market? While I'm sure after searching the forums the answer will be no, I figure it's worth a shot. These little guys seem to be the part to find.

Thanks
Shaun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 614 De Luxe Sedan

Re: Parking Lights

Shaun:
They are indeed hard to find. However, Mike Butters has cast up replacements in the past. His address is:
Michael Butters, 1063 Ontario Street, Cobourg, Ontario Canada K9A 3C8 (905) 372 6926 or email at nbutters@eagle.ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Re: Parking Lights

Shawn if you ever find any let me know. Looking for a door, lense, 3 len clips and door retaining clip. There has only been 2 lenses on Ebay the last 3 years.

We need C M Hall Depress Beam 3 x 2 3/4 #1179. And no a 3 inch lense won't work as I bought 4 of them off ebay to find them a bit big. It almost seems these fender lights were made only for 1930 - 32 Durants and 31 / 32 Frontenac's. Have to remember not all cars had the lights either and not standard models. There seem to be painted bodies and chromed ones, like the headlights. Both were used on 407, 611 and 614. Also chromed had peak and non peak doors for 407, 614 and 618. In the 60's a had a set of each painted and chromed ones. Sure wish I had them now.

Norm

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club