Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
how to use the new dail telephone 1927

This is off the auto topic a bit, but it is from the Durant era.
It is a promotional film made by the telephone company to educate the public on how to use the "New" Dial telephones from 1927.

Rick

Where Are You From? www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxQ_PGxD-vM

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Roadster

Re: how to use the new dail telephone 1927

Just the film I needed Rick. I have a dial phone in my den and friends of my kids need this film; they invariably fail using it without help.

Guy

Where Are You From? www.bcsaggregates.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Grandpa's 1926 Star Touring

Re: how to use the new dail telephone 1927

Rick,
Boy this was "High-Tech" stuff for 1927, Much like trying to use the Internet or E-mail for the first time today!!!

My AARP Bulletin Jan-Feb 2009, (page 40)"A Sailor Bridges the Digital Gap", by Jim Toedtman. Sited by the auuthor Toedtman is "a very real digital divide...the gap between the connected and unconnected, between rich and poor, between the engaged and the disengaged".

The article further said "Internet useage is near-universal for Americans under age of 60"..."for those over 60 it's not"! "According to Pew Internet and American life project...70 percent of Americans 50 to 64 are online, but 65 percent of those over 65 are not".

Other revelant data; "Broadband Internet access is critical. Yet for the first time, China has more broadband subscribers than the US" Parts of Europe and Asia have high speed connections that are 20 times faster at half the cost". More in that; "The nation (US) needs to keep pace. Older Americans must catch up"
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club