Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
W4 block and parts
I have a good, spare W4 block and head as well as a couple of starter motor brackets that fit a W4 block. Does anyone need any of these parts? They are in Guelph, ON; so shipping the block could be expensive.
Views: 311   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 13, 2008 10:08am
by Mac Irvine
Firewall and axle
Anyone know what year these are ? Looks like 28 / 29 firewall with holes for right or left hand driving. Fellow on ebay sent them to me and I assume for sale as he sold his 614 two years ago. Rad support hole dead center so not 30 - 32. Ford A body is his current pro...
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 13, 2008 8:58am
by Norm Toone
Locomobile??? front axle
I have what I am quite sure is a locomobile front axle. It is complete from hub to hub and has the wood spoke wheels attached. Brake shoes are cast aluminum and are not in good shape ( two shoes broken). Tie rods and brake rods are there . I have no use for this thin...
Views: 372   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 10, 2008 10:24pm
by Ken McCormick
Mod. 70, 1929 (30?) Deluxe Sedan for sale
Life is full of opportunities. So that I can respond to an opportunity facing me, I have decided to sell my Mod. 70, along with 3 W-5 parts engines I have. This car may be the only one of its kind. Gary Kauffman has a Mod 70 coupe and knows of another coupe,...
Views: 373   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 10, 2008 1:44pm
by Arthur Roberts
Star SIX Rad & Grille For Sale
All, For Sale. Packed inside my Locomobile Roadster I just uncovered probably a 1926 or 27 STAR SIX by "Durant Motors"; Grille, Emblem, and Honey-comb radiator. The grille (slight surface rust) and emblem (one eighth chipped) are in good overall condition, but Honey...
Views: 441   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 10, 2008 7:34am
by Lance Chabot
Dort letter opener
Today I bought a cardboard box of small tools and in the box was a flat brass colored letter opener with the Dort emblem on the handle portion. Can anyone provide any information about it? Thanks in advance.
Views: 341   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2008 1:54pm
by Gary Johnson
26 star for sale
i have my car for sale 26 star mod. r sedan ,comes with an 18ft. enclosed trailor 12500$ a 14l motor clutch and trans all in excellent running condition 1100$ a rear exit 14l exhaust/int. manifold 40$ the car is complete and runs very well,new braks tires paint...
Views: 373   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 6, 2008 7:42pm
by brian boys
Speedometer on 23 Star - original or not?
I know I am bombarding y'all with questions. I apologize but I am still excited about my car and continue to dig into it to do what I can to keep it original and running as soon as possible. I talked with Norm in Davenport Iowa today, very helpful gentleman and ve...
Views: 471   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 6, 2008 7:14am
by Mike Linthicum
Pacific Coast Chapter Meet
Last Saturday the Pacific Coast chapter toured the Western Railway Museum in Suisun City, California. If though it rained all day, everyone had a grand time riding a 1930's vintage electric trolley. After the ride we took advantage of an opportunity to take part in...
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 5, 2008 11:23pm
by Rick Botti
Correct Continental Motor
Hey again, I am having trouble finging the manufactur date of the head on my 23 Star Tournig as well as the correct motor designation. The serial number of the motor is 102527 off the brass tag. However I am being asked to designate between a w-4 and a w-5 engine....
Views: 667   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 3, 2008 10:27am
by Bob Smith
breaker points /autolite
Autolite breaker points Seeking help in locating breaker points for a 1928 continential engine with the small distributer cap Thanks every one May the road rise to meet you May the wind be always at your back May the sun shine warm upon your face and the...
Views: 418   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 2, 2008 2:52pm
by Norm Toone
1926 Durant for sale
Don't know what I am doing wrong but I can't seem to bring up the info on the car. Under http://www.prewarcar.com/parts/list.php?pc=s&s=p&cmid=96 ... I get a dash and motor for sale in NZ. Click on the dash pic and that brings up the dash info but below all that i...
Views: 424   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 1, 2008 1:37pm
by Norm Toone
wood work
Hi everyone: does anyone know where i can get new wooden frame peaces for a 1930 6-14 coupe? thanks again -Phil
Views: 735   Replies: 17
Last Post: Nov 1, 2008 2:45am
by Norm Toone
Phialdelphia Phillies....WORLD SERIES CHAMPS...OF COURSE
HELLO...JUST HAD TO TELL YOU ALL...WE WON....HOORAY FOR OUR TEAM....REGARDS, GARY K
Views: 298   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 31, 2008 1:25pm
by Norm Toone
Throttle stop
One of the tiny parts easily lost and hard to find is that throttle stop at the carb. Gary was going to look and see if he had one in his pile of bits and pieces until I ad hoc'd one off an old carb choke wire connection and ground off the excess. Gary had suggested...
Views: 377   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 30, 2008 1:30pm
by Norm Toone
New Fan Hub
Back in August, I came to this site looking for help. The fan 'hub' had just seized up on my DeVaux because I didn't know that I was supposed to keep the reservoir full of oil. Several of you recommended I contact Franz Fraitzl in N. Vancouver, BC. I did, and he a...
Views: 423   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 30, 2008 9:01am
by Franz Fraitzl
Oil Pressure Guage
Sorry to be a newbie pest everyone. My oil pressure guage is stuck on 40 even with the engine not running. Can this be rebuilt or a replacement found? Tony
Views: 322   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 29, 2008 4:42am
by Jan Arnett
speedometer
Hi everyone: My name is Phillip Butterfield and I just joined the DMAC. being that this is my first restoration, and since I am probably the youngest member (18). I am very inexperienced, and have lots of questions. my first questions pertains to my speedometer...
Views: 440   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 27, 2008 8:17pm
by gary kauffman
Partial list of parts needed for my new 1923 Star touring.
Well, I took delivery of my new toy, a 1923 Star Touring Model C this weekend! Was excited to take a short drive with her as she was sold to me as "running". But how the previous owner got her running was to fill the vacuum tank from the top and then add more that sa...
Views: 418   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 27, 2008 5:03pm
by Frank Witkowski
What type of tail light did thee Model 65 use?
Ok fellow Durantonions here's a question. What type of tail light did the Model 65 use? The car I bought has a newer aftermarket generic tail light from the 50's or 60's. I was told that the "bee hive" style same as an early Dodge was correct? Norm says his parts cat...
Views: 752   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 26, 2008 3:46pm
by Mike Linthicum
Continental Photographs.
Hey Rick ... just noticed after the discussion with Daryl about Continental's our site doesn't have a spot for pictures of Ace, Flyer or Beacon cars, should a member have one. We do for Fronty's 31 - 33 should a C400 and C600 be submitted. And we know Steve has a C4...
Views: 365   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2008 12:59pm
by Norm Toone
rugby truck pictures
I thought you might like these photos http://www.fawcett-movie-cars.com/20_29_trucks/1928rugbytruck114.html Jan
Views: 494   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 23, 2008 4:09pm
by Norm Toone
I need a horn
I need a horn and a horn ring for my car. I am talking about the ring that goes around the horn button and holds the button in place. It fastens up from under the steering wheel with three screws Also need all the internal parts for the horn except the wire--I have t...
Views: 327   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 23, 2008 2:54pm
by Ross Hoevet
W-5 engine parts
Needed: engine parts for incomplete W-5 engine: nuts for head bolts, fan assembly, starter. Any leads appreciated.
Views: 423   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 4:56pm
by Arthur Roberts
1923 Star Model C Touring
Hello, I have just purchased a 1923 Star Touring Model. I purchased it and need to pick it up. I will be needing to rent a car hauler but when I tried to inquire about a hauler from Uhaul the only reference they had was a same year model T. I was told their hauler wo...
Views: 531   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 9:43am
by Lance Chabot
d
Dennis
1928 DURANT MODEL 40 for sale
1928 DURANT MODEL 40 for sale http://www.cruisersclassics.com/car_pages/1928Durant.htm
Views: 351   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 7:55am
by Dennis
d
Dennis
1922 Durant for sale
1922 Durant Sedan Durant Sedan . 4dr Sedan, 21,000 miles, 4 cyl, original museum survivor. Still has its original muffler, upholstery top material and glass. Very beautiful car. Price - $ 11,500 http://www.cars-on-line.com/20650.html
Views: 568   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 5:30am
by Dennis
HERSHEY AACA NATIONAL MEET
HI GUYS GOOD NEWS,MY 1923 STAR TOURING,WON IT'S SENIOR TROPHY YESTERDAY AT THE HERSHEY SHOW.IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE ALL OUR FELLOW DURANTONIANS WHO STOPPED BY TO SAY HELLO AND LOOK OVER MY CAR.I ALSO MET A FEW NEW DURANT CAR OWNERS WHO WILL BE JOINING OUR CLUB. ONE O...
Views: 484   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 3:52am
by Yates Milton
1928 Durant M-2 information needed
I am finally the proud owner and in possession of a 1928 Durant M-2 four door sedan; California car. Does anyone have an owner's manual, or reprint they are willing to sell? I am in the "information gathering" stage. Is there a recommended West Coast tire s...
Views: 660   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 18, 2008 5:51pm
by John Parrish
Front axle --Maybe locomobile??
I have a front axle with wood wheels complete with tie rods and brakes . I am not sure what it is off of but have an idea it may be a locomobile. What year is anyones guess. Where can I find pictures of the locomobile front axles?? I will sell this thing to anyone...
Views: 430   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 18, 2008 4:11pm
by Ken McCormick
Painting advice needed
I need to paint over parts of the re-chromed dash in my 1950 Mercury. I was told to mask it off with pinstripper's tape and then bead blast the area to be painted to improve adhesion. However, I could use some advice on what type of paint to use. (Plus any tips on...
Views: 505   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 17, 2008 10:24am
by Bert Babick.
DURANT 1931 6-14 BLIND WINDOW SEDAN COMING UP 4 SALE
IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED I GOT A CALL FROM THE MAN WHO HAD THE CAR I MENTIONED LAST YEAR....HE WANTS TO SELL...I GUESS THE QUESTION IS WHAT PART OF 5000 DO WE HAVE TO SPEND?....IT IS COMPLETE AND HE HAS HAD IT FOR MANY YEARS...BUT IT DOES NEED RESTORING....HE HAS HAD...
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2008 8:35pm
by gary kauffman
Locomobile picture!
For all you Locomobile fans, there is a really nice picture on ebay for a 1908 Locomobile. color pic. 8 1/2 X 11 item # 300194877642 $4.99
Views: 381   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 16, 2008 7:33am
by Lance Chabot
6-14 or 70 ? Ebay
1930 Durant 6-14 dual Sidemounts Durant 4 door Sedan (ORIGINAL CALIFORNIA CAR) Item number: 160221668501 Nothing looks 6-14 but more 1929 70, with all the wood, rad shell, etc.
Views: 514   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 23, 2008 12:59pm
by Norm Toone
Thanks Hershey & Arthur Roberts
I want to thank Arthur for all the helpful info for my 1929 Durant. I purchased a carb from him, also, he told me about a rear fender he had seen in the swap meet that led to me finding the missing rear fender for my sedan. Thanks again, Rockey Marino
Views: 333   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 14, 2008 11:09am
by Lance Chabot
Radiator Emblem Restoration
Here is a website to visit regarding radiator emblem restoration. I recently had two emblems restored with very good results. Maxwellenamels.com Thanks, Dave
Views: 317   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 14, 2008 9:06am
by Dave Schulte
Report on Hershey
For those of you who did not make Hershey this year, I must say you missed one fine show. The weather was perfect in the low to mid 70's and no rain, which many of you know has always been a problem for Hershey. I understand that there were over 2,000 vendor spaces a...
Views: 348   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 14, 2008 7:23am
by S. Blomquist
Modern Pinion and Axle seals
I was just going through the tech section on the site looking for information on modern oil seals for the rear end of my '26 coupe. I did find the part numbers that other members have used and am wondering if they would be common through all years? If so, it would...
Views: 319   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 13, 2008 7:17pm
by Brian D.
s
sandy
re info about car
I have a 28 durant as I have been told. It has a lot of extras on dash cigarette lighter radio and other switches that the info I have doesnt include. it is 4 cylinder 6 window leather roof interior is material . seats are cloth and front seat lies down to a bed . lu...
Views: 490   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 13, 2008 2:41pm
by brian boys
Rear Axel
I have started the tear down on my rear end out of my '26 R coupe. When I took the rear wheel off the drivers side of the assembly, I noticed the nut holding the wheel on is a different size than the one on the passengers side. The taper on the axle is the same on...
Views: 314   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 12, 2008 2:25pm
by Brian D.
Locomobile Parts search
Arthur, Frank,et All, While at Hershey (or at home) if you or any of the other Durant club come accross ANY Locomobile parts (i.e like small JR-8 hubcaps or other Loco.Parts/Hubcaps) please e-mail or call to let us know. Or get the owner/vendors name and number...
Views: 334   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 10:17am
by Lance Chabot
22 Star radiator emblem
Has anyone ever seen a 22 Star emblem with a red Star instead of the usual white star? I once bought a repro emblem from Jeff Gillis that had a red star, and I have seen a photo of an emblem with the red star. Could it be possible the very early 22's had the red star...
Views: 550   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 4, 2008 9:50pm
by cdmn
wiring harness
Hi Everyone I have a small question . What side of the car does the wiring harness attach to . I have a new harness but never had an old one so I dont know how it was routed. The wiring diagram does not tell me that. Would it attach to the drivers side or the p...
Views: 388   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 4, 2008 11:51am
by Norm Toone
Anyone going to Hershey??
Although we were unable to get a club spot at Hershey this year, I still want to let you know that some of the Eastern Members will be there, and are available to get together with any other members, or newbies. Just send me an email and I will notify them, so you a...
Views: 344   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 4, 2008 8:21am
by Mike Linthicum
has anyone heard from David Wohlert?
hello has anyone heard rom Dave Wolhert...he hit the guestbook site but has not answered my inquiries about his model 70....he would make # 3 if it is for real....gary k
Views: 624   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 3, 2008 8:15pm
by gary kauffman
Hershey
I saw that there possibly would be a place to meet at Hershey for club members to get together. Does anyone know if there is a location for this. Thanks Tom
Views: 585   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 3, 2008 7:06pm
by Arthur Roberts
Calling for 08 National Meeting notes, or articles, and Thanks for the Plaque!!
First of all I want to thank all the members for the appreciation and the the honor of receiving such a nice plaque, and my name was spelled correctly! Although I was not there to receive it, I was there in spirit I can not think of a greater group to do this...
Views: 323   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2008 9:10am
by Carol Fogarazzo
More Lost Parts & Mixed makes
Frank,et All, I am now sorting that HUGE pile (over 2 Tons!) of Locomobile and mixed parts I got from Nigara Falls Canada this Summer. It has been a big, big job. Mixed in with all the 1926 Locomobile Junior 8 parts I have found some Star (Rad & Emblem), Flint (...
Views: 713   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 3, 2008 8:10am
by Lance Chabot
Parts Needed
If anyone has any of the following parts for sale or know where I might go to get them please let me know. I am trying to do an authentic restoratiion of a 1929 (maybe 30)Mod 6-70 deluxe sedan with the Continental 6 engine and 4 spd. trans. Hub caps, large snap...
Views: 448   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 2, 2008 10:41am
by Arthur Roberts
HISTORY ON THE DURANT 55
HELLO AND I AM NEW TO THE FORUM AND MY FATHER OWNS A 28 DURANT 55 AND IS LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON THE DURANT 55.. LIKE PICTURES ANYTHING VERY VERY HARD TO COME BY MY DAD HAS PURCHASED HIS DURANT AND WE ARE PUTTING IT IN CAR SHOWS AND HAVING HARD TIME FINDING INFO...
Views: 627   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 1, 2008 8:32am
by gary kauffman
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

The Durant Motors Automobile Club