Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Fan Hub

Back in August, I came to this site looking for help. The fan 'hub' had just seized up on my DeVaux because I didn't know that I was supposed to keep the reservoir full of oil. Several of you recommended I contact Franz Fraitzl in N. Vancouver, BC. I did, and he agreed to make me a 'new' hub, using as much of the old parts as possible. I now have a new one with a sealed bearing, but you can't tell the difference!! Kudos to Franz, and if anyone would like his address, I'd be happy to recommend him and pass it along. Thanks to you guys who suggested him!
John Willoughby

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DeVaux Sedan

Re: New Fan Hub

John
Franz is definetly a Durant Angel, if we have one. His talent and ability is far above most of us other Durantonians and I'm sure he is always happy to help a fellow restorer. If you've been to one of our National meets you can usually see some of his work and it's remarkable.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Franz built a new fan hub for my 1923 Durant. Mine did not seize, but ate up the rear part of the housing This happenend at the 2006 National Meet and Tour in Sannta Rosa. He also istalled a sealed bearing and has worked great since. I expect to get at least another 85 years out of that fan hub.
Franz does excelent work.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Hello Everyone,
I am just having fun making broken things work again and solving mechanical problems.
Thanks for the great input.

Franz

The Durant Motors Automobile Club