Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
22 Star radiator emblem

Has anyone ever seen a 22 Star emblem with a red Star instead of the usual white star? I once bought a repro emblem from Jeff Gillis that had a red star, and I have seen a photo of an emblem with the red star. Could it be possible the very early 22's had the red star?

Dave

Re: 22 Star radiator emblem

Photobucket

Photobucket

Where Are You From? clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/devaux/DMAC/events/dmac2008/index.html

Maybe those were exported to Russia??

On my 22 star, it is blue with white star. It is also brass. I think that my 22 is about the oldest, made in nov of 22, in Oakland calif. This was taken from orignal paper work that came with the car. However, most records show that the Oakland plant did not make cars until 23 ?????? 22 23 Stars are pretty much the same. A red emblem ? I have learned many years ago , that anything is possible

A thought occured to me, Could the red emblem be part of a fire chiefs car ? Some auto co. made special items for them.

A batch of Texaco corporate cars?

The Durant Motors Automobile Club