Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Locomobile??? front axle

I have what I am quite sure is a locomobile front axle. It is complete from hub to hub and has the wood spoke wheels attached. Brake shoes are cast aluminum and are not in good shape ( two shoes broken). Tie rods and brake rods are there . I have no use for this thing and will sell to anyone that wants it. It seems to be good and wheels turn freely now that I have repacked the bearings . If anyone is interested -Make me an offer . Buyer will have to pay shipping cost from Kamloops B C as well.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model614 -Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Locomobile??? front axle

Ken,
This appears to be from a 1927/28 Locomobile 8-70 car.
I checked my photo (from previous Locomobile owner's parts) and from your photos they look alike.

I saw the "Locomobile" listing for the Durant Motors club in the new Hemmings Motor News so you may get some interest that way too. I'm sure there is someone out there that can use that piece.

Thanks to Rick and the Club for trying to enlist some more interest in the Locomobile marque in the Durant Mtrs years.

Lance C.
(850) 882-3862, 678-2687

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Re: Locomobile??? front axle

Lance
Thanks for the info.I could find no casting numbers or any sort of Indentifying marks but was sure it was Locomobile. It is in pretty good shape and someone somewhere is going to be happy to find it I hope. Spokes would all have to be replaced but thats no big deal to a good woodworker. I will take anything I can get for it plus the shipping costs .That might be the big cost.
Thanks again
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model614 -Deluxe rumble seat coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club