Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Phialdelphia Phillies....WORLD SERIES CHAMPS...OF COURSE

HELLO...JUST HAD TO TELL YOU ALL...WE WON....HOORAY FOR OUR TEAM....REGARDS, GARY K

Do You own a car built by Durant? MODEL 70 1929

Re: Phialdelphia Phillies....WORLD SERIES CHAMPS...OF COURSE

Oh for goodness sakes Gary. Its just another sports thing .. boring boring.

If the truth be known I have absolutely no interest in sports and neither has my brother. My wife made the mistake of taking me to a Ottawa Senators Hockey game. I counted holes in the ceiling tiles, who was putting garbage in the waste basket, pages of puzzles done, until it finally over and my pugatory over. She vowed to never do that again Most of the ushers on the floor made comment to her, next game, that her husband really did hate sports. Often reminded of the saying " When I was a child I played with childish things. When I grew up I put them away"

Now thats out of the way .. the Ottawa Citizen today has a picture and says Philadelphia captured its 1st World Series title since 1980 and 2nd time in its history. The pic is of Carlos Ruiz on his knees and mouth wide open as if he was to catch the ball with his mouth. Perhaps hes praying to some God

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

FUNNY THING NORM, IT ENDED UP SNOWING IN THE AREA ABOUT 3 INCHES....IN OCTOBER....THAT'S UNUSUAL AND THE REASON THEY WON..."THEY'LL WIN WHEN IT SNOWS IN OCTOBER" SOMEONE MUST HAVE SAID....BUT IT DID AND THEY DID....HOORAY.....
AND LIKE YOU I AM NOT SPORTS ORIENTED..BUT....IT IS THE PHILLIES AND I AM PHILLY BORN....

Do You own a car built by Durant? MODEL 70 1929

You also ??? ... snowed here Wed and its still here unfortunately. We should get snow until end of Nov approx (or never if I had a magic wand). I was hoping the luck would continue we got end of 2006 when it finally snowed mid Jan 2007. Lady was planting tulip bulbs when we rolled in to pick up Dorothy mid Dec 2006. Was thinking maybe Feb 2008 this year but we got slammed instead and made up for a few years with all the snow load we got. Think its trying to tell us is going to be a veryyyyyyyy longggggg winter, sigh. Lots of fruit and berries on trees etc, which usualy says long winter.

Norm
You should have been in Ottawa in the winter of 1972/73. That was a yr we had SNOW !!!! It snowed every day and night till we had 14ft 7 1/2 inches of snow fall. Ottawa citizen issued a certificate saying I LIVED THROGH THE YEAR OF THE GREAT SNOW FALL (oR SOMETHING LIKE THAT ) I had the misfortune of living there at the time and was so happy when spring came that I moved in july to gods country B C . Only got about 1 inch of snow here that yr and I was very happy.- Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant -model 614-Deluxe Rumble Seat Coupe

Hi Ken .. been in Ottawa since April 30 1946 after landing in Halifax from England as a war child, under the WW2 War Bride Act for Canadain soldiers, with Mum. Just been telling Lance the stupidity of our Canadian Government with me getting OAS next year and not being considered a citizen. Under CPP its no problem and have gotten that since age 60, but OAS doesn't recognize the Act and you have to prove your time of arrival to get OAS. Doesn't matter you lived, worked and retired in Canada most of your life. It arises a few times in the paper about other "auto citizens" and the frustrations to get old age pension we paid for. Luckily I have proof but many don't. I have all my report cards from public / high school to show back that far, not that I want anyone to see my marks or teacher notations. ha ha.

Oh yes we went though that snow storm and have the Citizen newspaper certificate saying we survived the big snow. Have a pic in front of our 1st house with a path to the front door and mountian of snow each side.

I recall long before that, snow was the norm and lots of it. Winter started in Nov and went right through to April. Its gotten shorter and shorter over the years. One winter back home perhaps early 50's in Alta Vista (Ottawa), Dad had to go out my sisters window upstairs and onto the veranda roof, slide down that into a snow drift, to get to the front door to shovel it out, so we all could get out. There was always lots of snow back then.

And the moral of the story is.......Snow flakes are like Durants....No two are alike.

How true

The Durant Motors Automobile Club