Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HISTORY ON THE DURANT 55

HELLO AND I AM NEW TO THE FORUM AND MY FATHER OWNS A 28 DURANT 55 AND IS LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON THE DURANT 55..
LIKE PICTURES ANYTHING VERY VERY HARD TO COME BY
MY DAD HAS PURCHASED HIS DURANT AND WE ARE PUTTING IT IN CAR SHOWS AND HAVING HARD TIME FINDING INFO ON THIS DURANT
THANK YOU
ROD R

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES, DURANT 55

Re: HISTORY ON THE DURANT 55

If you keep checking on eBay, in time you will find a brochure for the 55 Durant. There is a picture of a 1929 Durant 55 on the Photographs page.
There is not a lot of publications about Durant.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Gord ... you are still out there. Any publications on the 32 D. I've not seen anything on Dominion cars on Ebay or anywhere. Did they even publish anything ? I have a French ad out of some paper in Ottawa that seems to be a Deluxe 618 1932. Lea and Hawley dealership here. Have to chuckle as the rad shell appears straight like the 614 and it has two windshield wipers. Must be 32 with 5:50 x 19 tires and solid bumper. Only year the Durant's had the bigger tire, per the tire dealerships.
Seems to be lots of pre 30's manuals etc on Ebay, from what I have seen the last few years.
Even Terry's site omits the Canadian cars. He was going to update his site to include our cars. Hey now theres another site for Rod for some info on the 55. http://www.durantcars.com/basics/history.shtml

Norm

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

i think i have that folder for the 55 durant...i will try to find it and send a copy later this week....gary k

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE INFO, AND WOULD LOVE ALL THE INFO I CAN GET, THE D55 IS CUSTOM BUILT WITH LOTS OF CHROME AND CUSTOM WHEELS CHEVY 327 MOTOR
VERY VERY CLEAN CAR SHOW D55, I DID BUY SOME INFO ON EBAY ON THE DURANT AND LOVE READING WHAT PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE VEHICLE, WE MIGHT SELL TO UPFRADE NOT SURE YET, BUT HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ITS WORTH?
ANY GUESSES

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES

Rod
There is currently a model 55 owners manual listed on ebay. Item #350104243550

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

sorry, i could not find that folder..if it shows up later i can send it....gary

The Durant Motors Automobile Club