Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need a horn

I need a horn and a horn ring for my car. I am talking about the ring that goes around the horn button and holds the button in place. It fastens up from under the steering wheel with three screws Also need all the internal parts for the horn except the wire--I have that .I need the spring and the plate --etc
Has anyone got some of these parts they would sell me??
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 614 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: I need a horn

hi ken
i have a horn in good shape ,but no colum parts the horn is 27 star?? i,ll bring it next trip to the loops when we match front ends
brian

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 STAR 6 SEDAN

Re: I need a horn

Ken The horn for a 1930 6-14 is a Northeast brand. They are still sometimes found at swap meets, as they were used on other makes also. The adjustment screw is on the top of the horn, right by the horn nameplate.(some horns adjusted at the back which would be awkward for where our horns are located). I might have one in my stash, but seeing how the horn ring I sent you hasn't shown up yet, I might have to send it by diplomatic courier! Ross

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 standard coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club