Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Front axle --Maybe locomobile??

I have a front axle with wood wheels complete with tie rods and brakes . I am not sure what it is off of but have an idea it may be a locomobile. What year is anyones guess. Where can I find pictures of the locomobile front axles??
I will sell this thing to anyone that wants it . Make me an offer and lets dicker.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant -model6 14- deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Front axle --Maybe locomobile??

Ken,
What made you think it was from a Locomobile?

Please check out my e-mail to you with the Junior 8 (JR-8) photos. If you can post or send me some pictures of your axle it would probably help the identification too.

Likewise; the size of the wooden wheel, and number of spokes, and number of wheel bolts to the outer rim/tire, would probably also help the ID.

Thanks, Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

hi ken
i may be interested in that axle,when i come to the wilderness in a few weeks i,ll bring my 26 27 star axle i have a spare!if uwe think it will fit my 26 model r i will buy just think front brakes!o the simple pleasures in life?
brian boys

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 STAR 6 SEDAN

Lance
I could not think of anything else it would be (and where I got it someone said they had a locomobile there at one time) It was in a location noone would ever find so I took it home with me.Just in the hope that some one might need it.

Brian
Come on up anytime. It will be here and I can easily dig it out to show you. Doubt it will fit a star but one never knows. At least you can look it over. Maybe I can feed you a nice elk steak too. ha ha ha . Last years elk but its still very good. Tell you all kinds of hunting lies too ha ha
See you soon
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant -model6 14- deluxe rumble seat coupe

u bet ken sounds like a deal,i,ll let u know when i,m coming in advance could,nt find your place up the mountian again anyhow,i,ll get to the bottom and phone then listen for the elk sqeel ?
brian

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 STAR 6 SEDAN

Ken
Did you receive my e-mail with ther pictures attached? Also did it look like those Locomobile JR-8 (brakes backing plates?) axles pictured?

Also if you get a chance to count the wheel to Rim mounting bolts...most Locomobiles that I have seen have 6 mounting bolts for the rim/tire. The rims are usually 20 inch with a few later (1927/28) ones being 19 inch.

I can check the Casting Names and #'s and measure my axles at my Storage garage. I can also provide measurements of the Locomobile JR-8 (1925 to 1927)axles...but I know they are very large compared ro other Durant Motors (and many other makes) cars.

Hope I can help you identify it.
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

I have pictures now if anyone wants to see this thing . I still think it is locomobile. Dont know what yr or model .
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model 614 deluxe rumble seat coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club