Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
replacement distributor
Many of you have read my post regarding my distributor and housing. I am grateful for all the responses. Arthur Roberts was kind enough to send me a distributor, housing and gears off a 400,000 serial numbered W-4 engine. My engine serial number is in the 100,000'...
Views: 343   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 20, 2008 6:25pm
by Franz Fraitzl
New Additoin to Technical Page
I just added "Rear Axle Rebuild" to the Tech Page. Look under the Manuals & Other Technical Documentation section. Material was provided by Dave Schulte. Thanks Dave
Views: 401   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 20, 2008 3:56pm
by Guy J. Belzil
26 Locomobile Touring - Jr 8
I looked a 26 Locomobile Touring Jr 8 yesterday and have found nothing pertaing to a Touring that year. The current owner who is also an old car buff found everything except a Touring in a research from the AACA Library. The car has dual sidemounts with what appeare...
Views: 1716   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 18, 2008 7:26am
by Lance Chabot
Distributor Support Housing
A few years ago I ordered a Distributor support housing from Australia. He sent me Two. I was surprised. One, the standard pot metal , the other aluminum. Aftet- market I assume. Both in nice condition. The aluminum unit is a little thicker in the area where the...
Views: 395   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 17, 2008 3:17pm
by Franz Fraitzl
oil filter connectios
I am trying to hook up my oil filter and am not real sure where the lines should run from and to . I have a fitting in the lower rear of the block behind the starter -another about mid way behind the water pump and another on top of the head towards the back. I thi...
Views: 749   Replies: 17
Last Post: Dec 16, 2008 1:11pm
by Norm Toone
Distributor housings
Here setting up the part in My CNC
Views: 269   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 16, 2008 8:54am
by Ross Hoevet
M-2 Durant wheel puller
Are there any 2 1/4 inch wheel pullers out there for sale? I have seen early Durant ones for sale on Ebay but none that would fit an M-2. I would rather not have to fabricate one if at all possible. Thanks for any tips or leads. John Parrish 541-514-5084 johnkatepar...
Views: 299   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2008 4:27pm
by John Parrish
Gas Prices at Thanksgiving
Hello all... With the rise and fall of gasoline prices around the world, I was wondering how the prices here in Ohio (USA) compared with other parts of the country and world? Ours have been steadily dropping for the last couple of months and are currently at $1.55 9/...
Views: 976   Replies: 40
Last Post: Dec 15, 2008 3:29pm
by Eliot
Dome light
What kind of wiring connection goes in the feed end of the dome light ?? I am sure I can put a single contact bulb in but looking at the switch it looks like maybe the wire contacts would have to be an offset type ? Any one have a picture of the wires going into th...
Views: 290   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 14, 2008 3:41am
by Norm Toone
accessories
Have fun with this link. http://strangecarsandthings.blogspot.com/
Views: 402   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 11, 2008 6:02pm
by Mike Linthicum
Referance books
I recently went into an antique mall and found two volumes of "Dykes" Automobile And Gasoline Encyclopedia. These books are about 1000 pages each. There are so many things about how to maintain and methods of how to do certain things like changing tires, wheel repair...
Views: 399   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 11, 2008 4:57am
by Norm Toone
Distributor housings
Hello everyone, finally I am getting around to play with my CNC machine. I should have the first batch of distributor housings ready by the end of the week. This batch is for all 4 cylinder engines. The price per is US $ 345.00. To run the machine is a little mor...
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 10, 2008 7:24pm
by Franz Fraitzl
Original air cleaner for my 28
Anybody have an extra air cleaner correct for my 28? Or a picture of the one that would be used. I'm looking for the original, not any aftermarket, modern replacement. Thanks. I have the original carb 15L engine model 65. Probably all were alike for that year.
Views: 346   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 10, 2008 2:08pm
by gary k
More questions
Its that man again with his stupid questions . Has anyone got a picture of the floor boards showing where the dimmer switch and stater buttons go? I would like to have them as close as possible to the original if I can . Figure if I put the dimmer switch just to...
Views: 494   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 10, 2008 8:02am
by Ken McCormick
Head light lenses
Keep you eyes on this young lad. He just sold a pair of lenses for $27.50 that fit Frontenac and 31 / 32 D's. They go for $50 - 75 each normally or higher. 180310371102 Now he has a set for a 617 opening at $9.99 US. His gfather has a barn full of lenses and he's...
Views: 386   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 10, 2008 5:08am
by Norm Toone
g
gary k
hello norm toone
hey norm....watch for postal delivery...brown envelope 8 x 10...regards, gary k
Views: 471   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 9, 2008 6:19am
by Norm Toone
lubrication
Hi again all you good people I am almost ready to put my wiring harness in and then the big test,,(will it run) I am just wondering what kind of oil would be best to put in this baby.Also what in tranny and rear end. I have a lubrication chart to show where to...
Views: 484   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 7, 2008 10:04pm
by Phillip Donoghoe
Durant Base Camp at Hershey 2008 ,Great Photos found!
All, While searching the AACA website I came accross a "Hershey 2008 AACA Fall meet" photo collection, very neat! BUT the 2nd Photo down was the "Durant Base Camp" with a part caption of..."I have never seen a real Durant but these guys have a whole club for the...
Views: 470   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 6, 2008 9:25pm
by Rick Botti
flint and rugby
Hello all, I am new to this forum and have a few questions, I have a friend who has a Rugby truck, I dont know what year or model but he is looking for a hand crank and nos or reproduction data plates, any leads??, also recently I have come across a 1926 Flint two d...
Views: 371   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 6, 2008 9:50am
by Rick Botti
What year?
I have a 1930 Durant 4 door, what I'm told is a 612, but I'm not sure. How do I find out what model it is? Thanks... george
Views: 304   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 6, 2008 3:47am
by Norm Toone
1930 Durant Fender color?
All, For all 1930 Durant cars, is Black the correct fender color? My project sedan's fenders have no paint to go by right now, so not sure. I know Black was the correct fender color for like year Chevrolets, and I think Ford Model A's but I'm not sure on Durants...
Views: 565   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 4, 2008 8:21pm
by cdmn
Paint color schemes for 1928 Durant (Star) M-2
Is there any information out there on what color schemes the 1928 M-2 was available in? My present car is all black but was painted over a green body with black fenders and black upper (windows and moulding)area. In 1970, I had the remains of an M-2 that had a tan...
Views: 354   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 4, 2008 7:50pm
by cdmn
steering gear parts
I am in need of the bearing and grooved washer that the bearing runs in on top of the worm gear in the steering box. In the Warner Steering Gear page I believe it is called a "thrust bearing." Can I find a modern replacment or would anybody have these that they could...
Views: 370   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 2, 2008 9:21pm
by Tony Madson
1923 Star C Touring Color
Now that I have my car out in the sunlight and was working on buffing and polishing the paint I notice that the dash is actually a very dark blue. Also noticed inside the rear door frame where some paint had worn off that underneath the black was also the same dark b...
Views: 518   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 2, 2008 8:13am
by Mike Linthicum
Ignition switch and coil
Has anyone got a coil like we need for the 30 durant? The one with the ignition switch in the base ? I would be happy to buy one if there is one available. Otherwise --I guess I have to go to the switch and coil separate . Whats the best bet fot me??...
Views: 387   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 1, 2008 12:07pm
by Ross Hoevet
overheating
I put a new (different) water pump on the engine, because it had an overheating problem. I flushed the cooling system very well and replaced the water with anti freeze @ 50/50. It still overheated and the coolant foamed up real bad. The temp guage needle stuck at hig...
Views: 362   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 29, 2008 1:46pm
by Ken Brink
Ebay Durant brocheurs / manuals
There you go Frank pic of the Dort buggy ...1922 Dort Sedan & 1900 ? Durant Dort Carriage Brochure Item number: 260315440415 Goodness there are a lot of Durant manuals on Ebay under Durant ... Transportation .. 76 of them
Views: 302   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 29, 2008 12:58pm
by Norm Toone
Angelo Bosco's 31 Roadster
Guys, you need to look at the photos of Angelo's roadster in the Photograph section of the web site. This is the roadster that was on Ebay not that long ago. He's making incredible progress and doing an exceptional job! Dave
Views: 409   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 29, 2008 10:08am
by Dave Schulte
exhaust pipe
My exhaust system consists only of a pipe in between the manifold and the muffler with a clamp by the muffler holding the pipe in place. It is some what loose and this allows for a great deal of leakage at the manifold to pipe area, especially under load. Can I simpl...
Views: 349   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 28, 2008 8:41pm
by Don Shilling
1926 Star Nickeling or Chroming ????
I am about to touch up bumpers, headlight trim, running board trim. I have read (somewhere's) that chrome did not come in till 1928 and yet looking a member's cars I see a lot of chrome. My question was my 1926 Star Touring M built in Leaside Ont trimmed with nicke...
Views: 632   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 27, 2008 9:02pm
by Vince O\'Brien
Turkey shoot
Here's a site I was sent for a bit of fun and seeing as its US Thanksgiving ... have fun. http://www.southbank-design.co.uk/turkeyshoot/index.htm
Views: 287   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 27, 2008 10:27am
by Mike Linthicum
Spiral Type Grease Nipples (zerks)
Have been rebuilding Grandpa's 1926 Star Touring M. It has "as a majority" these beautiful big round grease nipples with a spiral machining that require a special grease gun tip with a spiral locking mecanism. I have my Grandpa's grease gun but am missing about 8 n...
Views: 421   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 25, 2008 9:28am
by Guy J. Belzil
Purring like a kitten but oh no a question about oil
Thanks to all for your help. Got the old girl running this last weekend! The only leak problem I had was the valve cover gaskets, which I will make up and replace this weekend. Now a question about oil. I cleaned out the oil pan and ran her for about 15 mi...
Views: 289   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 25, 2008 7:11am
by Lance Chabot
Headlight bulbs and clutch bearing
I am obviously missing something too simple to see. But how do I change the headlight bulbs on my 1923 Star? Should have the old gal running this weekend after a thourogh cleaning of the fuel system and all lube points and a good as I can do electtical patch job....
Views: 488   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 25, 2008 6:01am
by Tony Madson
carb linkage
Hi All Does anyone have a linkage and the rod from the foot feed to the carb for my car?? I need one badly. I would like to be able to start the beast up this winter but without this I cant .I am getting it together quite nicely so maybe I will drive it one day...
Views: 458   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 25, 2008 3:00am
by Norm Toone
1929 Durant sedan for sale.
I have decided to sell my 29 Durant. A frame off restoration was started then quit. Pics are current. The car will run It will be on E Bay starting tonight about 9:00P.M. Call 707 938 4153 for more info. we have decided to go with e bay & let you decide what it is...
Views: 580   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 24, 2008 5:12am
by Norm Toone
Cleaning of gas tank
I've been getting a lot of opinions on how to clean out my gas tank. I pulled the tank and there does not seem to be a lot of rust, but there is a lot of gunk and goo in the bottom. The laquered gas I guess. What have my fellow Durant restorers used to clean the tank...
Views: 325   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 23, 2008 4:03pm
by Frank Witkowski
NEED AN ANSTED MOTOR
AM LOOKING FOR A ANSTED MOTOR USED IN DURANTS FROM 1920 TO 1925. THIS IS A 6 CYLINDER MOTOR WITH OVERHEAD CAM. USED IN THE LARGER MODEL DURANTS AND ALSO USED IN LEXINGTONS. I HAVE A VERY HISYORIC RACE CAR CALLED THE ANSTED SPECIAL DRIVEN BY A BLACK DRIVER BY THE...
Views: 340   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 22, 2008 4:23pm
by PATRICK KELSO
Gas Lines
I have a question . Is it okay to use copper tubing for gas line from the tank to the pump? I have a friend that says yes but I think he is wrong . Whats the right stuff and is copper allowable ? I will be getting the line very soon and want to be sure I am...
Views: 555   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 22, 2008 3:43pm
by Norm Toone
Views: 378   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2008 5:59pm
by Rockey Marino
Switches needed for Mod 70
Does anyone have for sale dash board swithces that would be OK for a MOd 70. Thanks Arthur Roberts aroberts1948@live.com
Views: 313   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2008 1:04pm
by Arthur Roberts
My W5 engine was not drained and as such was frozen, the block is cracked all over
Hi, I am looking for a 4 cylinder W5 block in rebuildable condition. Will pay freight from anywhere in N. America
Views: 279   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 21, 2008 1:02pm
by Arthur Roberts
Radiator Emblems
Hi All...... What is the correct combination for the 1928 and 1929 Durant rad emblems? I always thought the 1929 was white background with a blue D. That is how my 1929 cars are. The one 1928 Durant that I have has a blue back ground with a white D. That is...
Views: 2919   Replies: 25
Last Post: Nov 20, 2008 4:40pm
by John Parrish
Carb linkage
Has anyone got a picture of the carburator linkage . I need to see from the carb to the accelerator rod so I can begin to connect things. I am sure I am missing some parts yet--such as from the carb to the foot feed rod. I see a pin on the carb with nothing on it so...
Views: 324   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 20, 2008 6:26am
by Norm Toone
Wiring harness - A-22 vs Star Model C
The rep at Rhode Island Wire is telling me that the listing for a wire harness in his catalog for a 1923 Durant A-22 will work on my 1923 Star Model C Touring Car. Can anyone verify this info? If they do not fit, has anyone else had a wire harness made for a Star...
Views: 957   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 19, 2008 7:32am
by Gordon F. Curl
1921 Durant
Hello, Just reading through your forum and thought someone may have an answer for me. My grandfather has a 1921 Durant that he has had in his garage for at least 60+ years. He is now in his 90's and would like to get rid of it. Any ideas on value and where to sell i...
Views: 370   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 19, 2008 7:25am
by Arthur Roberts
choke-throttle-spark control
Does anyone have a source for our Durant cables?? The choke throttle and spark cables on my car are chopped off too short and one of them is a replacement that is not the durant type. Also have one broken so would like a new set if I can get them. Working on this b...
Views: 442   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 19, 2008 3:22am
by Norm Toone
EBAY Devaux/Durant Distributor
There is currently an AUTOLITE IGB-4031A distributor for sale on EBAY. The listing number is: 370111863774.
Views: 351   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 15, 2008 7:19am
by Dennis Murphy
Pot metal rot? , hubcaps needed
Can pot metal rot be cured or arrested?. Does anyone have some 6 1/2 inch Durant, (big D) hubcaps for wire wheels for sale? Frank W. if you read this please call me at 804 761 4705. Thanks, Arthur Roberts
Views: 391   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 14, 2008 2:40pm
by Jan Arnett
Durant and other unique Taillights For Sale
All, I just uncovered a box of probable Durant and other "Special" or unique tailights. A really neat find; Lots of different size ones with stands in a box stored in my Locomobile Roadster. I moved the Roadster project and am now unpacking it of boxes. Too man...
Views: 578   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 14, 2008 2:36pm
by Jan Arnett
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

The Durant Motors Automobile Club