Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Headlight bulbs and clutch bearing

I am obviously missing something too simple to see. But how do I change the headlight bulbs on my 1923 Star?

Should have the old gal running this weekend after a thourogh cleaning of the fuel system and all lube points and a good as I can do electtical patch job. There just wasn't enough electrical wiring there to try and send it off to have the harness duplicated.

One thing about lube points though, my clutch throw out bearing / bulb leaks any oil I put into it.

New bearings needed do ya think?

Thanks
Tony

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes 1923 Star Touring

Re: Headlight bulbs and clutch bearing

Hello Tony,
You have to use 600 wt steam oil.
It is thick as molasses.
If you need a rebuild I replace them with sealed bearings.

Franz

Hi Tony,Maybe you are over filling the throw out bearing.Try filling it about 3/8" below the bottom of the clutch output shaft.As it runs it will slosh where it needs to go and extra will slosh out.Maybe check with a wire dipstick every few hundred miles.I use 90# gear lube,heavier could be better,I am very new to this but its worked so far.

Hey Tony,
there is a lubrication chart in the tech page.
It tells you what to use and were to us it.

I have the drum type of lights on my 25 Star. The lens has to be removed to change the bulb. This is done by rotating the retaining ring counterclockwise.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Push in on the rim as you turn

Do You own a car built by Durant? star

Thanks for the help.

A little PB Blaster in the right place did the trick on the headlight rim.

Tony

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club