Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
steering gear parts

I am in need of the bearing and grooved washer that the bearing runs in on top of the worm gear in the steering box. In the Warner Steering Gear page I believe it is called a "thrust bearing." Can I find a modern replacment or would anybody have these that they could part with. The grooved washer, as i am calling it, is craked and broken and the balls are falling out of the flat circular bearing.

Thanks again to everyone for there help, I hope I am not becoming to much of a nuisance with all my questions.

Tony

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C Touring

Re: steering gear parts

Tony
I dont think you are asking any more questions than I have been asking. I would not worry obout being a burden. It seems like the guys here are all very willing to help out where they can .
I just got rid of the steering box that I had so I cant help you but someone will be able to .
Good luck with your restoration job .
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model614 -Deluxe rumble seat coupe

what was the year of the car and model again?...we have to help you out before you lose all your balls....bearings, that is!!!!!

regards, gary k

Gary, You are right, need balls for sure. In the bearings that is.

It's a 1923 Star C Touring. Based on the Warner Steering Gear info on the tech page, it is obviously not a Warner Steering Gear.

Thanks,
Tony

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club