Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
exhaust pipe

My exhaust system consists only of a pipe in between the manifold and the muffler with a clamp by the muffler holding the pipe in place. It is some what loose and this allows for a great deal of leakage at the manifold to pipe area, especially under load. Can I simply try and losen, then move the clamp so as to take some of this slack out or is there any kind of material that sould be used where the pipe enters the manifol?

Tony

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C Touring

Re: exhaust pipe

do you have access to some "asbestos sheet gasket you can slip/ wrap between pipe and muffler flange or some gasket heat putty from furnace stove pipes? that might work...

Re: exhaust pipe

On my '23 Star, I used an exhaust "donut" of the proper ID to fit the exhaust pipe and trimmed the OD down to fit the manifold. When the manifold exhaust pipe nut was tightened down I had a leak free joint.I think the "donut" may be a GM item.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring, 1927 Star M Coupe, 1924 Flint something

The Durant Motors Automobile Club