Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Head light lenses

Keep you eyes on this young lad. He just sold a pair of lenses for $27.50 that fit Frontenac and 31 / 32 D's. They go for $50 - 75 each normally or higher. 180310371102

Now he has a set for a 617 opening at $9.99 US. His gfather has a barn full of lenses and he's been selling them for the gfather with opening bids of $4.99 a pair. Had a long talk with him. Hasn't a clue what most fit.

Here's the 617 ones .. Pair Old Antique Headlamp Headlight Lens Covers Twilite Item number: 180312218376

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Re: Head light lenses

Norm: I notice that he has had quite a few lenses listed lateley, but unfortunatly, he only ships to the USA. Pity

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Hey Gord its nice to hear from you. I don't know if the lad would ship to Canada if coersed. He just might if asked. He's getting took for his grandfather selling pairs for $5. He figured he averages $15 a pair when some go for a bit more. He's trying to get money for his gfather for them. I noted he's now upped it to $10 a pair after my mail. (still way too low for matched pairs) Didn't think it was fair he was getting taken on the lenses. Seems the gfather has loads of lenses in the barn. Couldn't resist asking if he might have the 3 inch fender lense for Dorothy.
He'd like a book of lenses to know what they fit but all I could tell him was a few lenses sellers on Ebay have such a book. One was the lad I almost got a lense off two years back who listed all the cars it fit. I consider myself lucky to get a lense at Odessa this summer for $20. Wonder Reg didn't see it for the Rugby as his car was there.

no problem normie. have him ship them to me..and i will forward them to you
....gary

Haven't heard further from him on this. I have enough headlight lenses unless I get fumble fingered again and smash another.

Yes that might be an idea for anyone outside the US to have a contact in the US for this and other D club items one might want. I guess you could buy the item and pay with pay pal but ask it be sent to a US address. We'd still get hit paypal's out of country charges and exchange rates. Then reimburse our sender the US postal cost.

I did finally get a reply from Ebay about the sites. They do have three seperate ebays partly connected for some things. Main one is .com which we see through DMAC and all items. Also .ca for Canada and .uk United Kingdom. So when we are almost forced to use .ca we don't see all the items for sale. This seller is a very good example of that. Hes not showing up on .ca. When we go to pay for an item .ca throws us out of that and makes us re sign in under .com, like we were not orig signed in to bid and win the item. Very poor programming and annoying. .com is Ebay Motors and .ca is automobiles, so even that is not programmed alike.

I wonder what else gfather might have tucked in the barn and why hundreds of lenses. The lad pics up one lense then sorts through them all to find a mate, then ebays them.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club