Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
flint and rugby

Hello all, I am new to this forum and have a few questions, I have a friend who has a Rugby truck, I dont know what year or model but he is looking for a hand crank and nos or reproduction data plates, any leads??, also recently I have come across a 1926 Flint two door sedan, it is very complete but rough, the wood is completely rotted and the car is literally falling apart, are these cars worth restoring?? or do they usually cost more to restore than they are worth.

Thanks
Darren

Do You own a car built by Durant? not presently

Re: flint and rugby

Hello Darren
If you look at the 2 vehicles you will realize how rare they are . That should give you an Idea of what they would be worth AFTER THEY ARE RESTORED . They are not of any particular value to anyone till then. It would cost as much to rebuild them as any other vintage car. The main problem is finding parts.
Once done they are real eyecatchers.
My advice to you and your friend --Join the club. A lot of very helpfull people her to give you all the advice you need to get the cars on the road.
Hope to see you as a member
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model614 -Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: flint and rugby

Darren,

Ken is right you both should join the DMAC.

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club