Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1923 Star C Touring Color

Now that I have my car out in the sunlight and was working on buffing and polishing the paint I notice that the dash is actually a very dark blue. Also noticed inside the rear door frame where some paint had worn off that underneath the black was also the same dark blue color. Not only that, the inside rims are also this same color of dark almost a midnight blue.

Could this be the original color of the car?

I assumed the original color was black and was the only color available in 23 as the only pictures I have ever seen were black.

Tony

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C Touring

Re: 1923 Star C Touring Color

Tony, the inside of my 1923 Star military type wheels also show this dark blue color I'm thinking that this color is original and was used as a primer. I'll know more once I finish cleaning years of grease and grime off the old car.

Doug

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star

Can anybody tell me all of the different colors available in 23, if indeed there were more choices than black?

Tony

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring

Tony
It is my belief that you could custom order the car in any color if you were willing to wait for it. I know the old paint charts go back to the early 1920's but the earliest Durant specific paint chart I could find was a 1928 which offered colors. These charts would have a specific color for the type of car. Sedans would have say two choices, touring etc. In our Tech Page area there is a memo from the Leaside Plant indicating that it would no longer provide custom colors as it was slowing down the production line. That memo outlined the colors available for the cars. I think it was dated 1929 though. Yates is restoring a 23 Durant and he said he was looking for a Durant blue that would go with his car. You might email him and see what he found out in his research about the 23 colors.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

The Durant Motors Automobile Club