Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carb linkage

Has anyone got a picture of the carburator linkage . I need to see from the carb to the accelerator rod so I can begin to connect things. I am sure I am missing some parts yet--such as from the carb to the foot feed rod. I see a pin on the carb with nothing on it so I guess something should be connected there. A pic would be worth a thousand words --lol thanks
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model614 -Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Carb linkage

Hi Ken I'll send you two pics I have of that side of Frank's 30 614 motor and you can magnify them up for better look to see. You should have a Stromburg U2 updraft on the car but some have Tillotson W-8A's.

Don't know what the difference is but 1931 619 has J5A, my 32 614 has J4A ,and the 33 633 has J6A Gord's Frontenac as the W-8A

The W-8A became the replacement for all 30 - 33 D and F's.

Let me know if these pics help. Sounds like you have the pin the throttle cable and foot linkage attach to and its missing that Y shaped piece.

Think we should get both cars together and restore them both at the same time

Norm

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Hi Ken.....

If the pictures Norm has don't show what you need, or you need more info just ask.

The 614 is still where I can easily get some pictures, if I want to brave the snow!

Sounds like you need to make a Hookstown road trip. I had 4 Durantonians here last week end from Texas, Arkansas, Illinois, and Ohio. The more the merrier!

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy

Hi Frank, they do and Ken will be asking you if you have a throttle control arm for a carb.

Wheres my door handle ??

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club