Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hello norm toone

hey norm....watch for postal delivery...brown envelope 8 x 10...regards, gary k

Re: hello norm toone

Hi my friend .. that have my missing fender light lense ?? grin. Ah a Dominion Motors 1932 614 brocheur .. ya right, as if they ever existed.

I'll look forward to seeing it. Norm

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Norm,
Yes I need to get out to that 30 Durant with my measuring stick on that Header to get those measurements.

Too many projects and not enought time! Besides the temps had dropped down to 62 degrees and it was too cold outside there! Ha, ha.

It is supposed to warm a bit this weekend so I should get your header measurements then. Take care.

Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Holy heck, Lance .... 62 is cold ???? Woos. We are probably sunning ourselves on a beach at that temp and in shorts only. Come up here today to our nippy 32 with biting wind. That's one of our problems in the Golden Triangle, is dampness, and we sure feel it. Goes right through the house walls, until we get a good coating of snow to absorb the wet air. Ottawa and Valley is in a triangle of land that holds the moisture all year round. Even in summer you feel the dampness especially after the sun sets.

Had to chuckle, the lady that owns the trailor park, I volunteer at all summer looking after the grounds, married a Cuban and brought him to Canada this summer. Think he kept mainly in the house and with a coat on, because he found it so cold here. Should be interesting when winter actually rolls in and we get -15 or better. He sure will wish he stayed in Cuba

Wasn't there a few lads, who are looking for header measurements ?

Don't forget to build a nice fire in the shop to warm the place up so you won't "freeze".

norm, no lenses, just cable ends, 6-19 brochure copies and an article about Devaux cars....i forgot the lens thing and will pull mine out tomorrow and see if they are good for you....regards, gary k

Wow thanks Gary ... Must be Xmas or something

not yet normie...but soon....g

Hi Gary .. just to let you know the brown envelope arrived safe and sound with the XXX pictures. Usually customs won't allow x rated across the border Guess customs guys keep those for themslves and personal viewing.

Kidding guys no XXX .. Nice to have a bit more info on the cars to add to a very small amount I have. Getting closer with that 618 item and details of the car. You can see the differences Canadian 618 bumper, to US 619, like my 614 has of the open ends. Also center bumper medallion 619 to diamond one 614 / 618. Still have no idea what type of upholstery is in the 614 / 618's. Its not the same as the 30. Dirty white corded stuff in 31 / 32 Canadian D's.
The throttle stop is with my few Dorothy D parts. Now that lense you was a looking for, Santa.
Thanks Gary for pkg.

Norm

The Durant Motors Automobile Club