Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
accessories

Have fun with this link.
http://strangecarsandthings.blogspot.com/

Do You own a car built by Durant? star

Re: accessories

Jan

some of these were very interesting. My dad always told me that on his 36 Ford Coupe he had it wired to shock people. He always told me the story of one time letting his car and several others drift together so the bumpers would touch and watching until a fellow lifted his girlfriend on the front fender of the first car to sit. At the special moment when the guy went for a kiss, he zapped them. Talk about sparks flying with that first kiss. He also always told me a story about going to New York City for New Years Eve and the crowd started to rock his car until he hit that little button, the parted the sea for him then. Dad said he used some sort of magneto device wired with a button on his dash. My dad also had a Devils had on his gearshift lever that the eyes would glow red when he went over 50 miles per hour. This was all back in the late 1930's. So when I saw that posting on that site it brought back memories of my dad's stories.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

The Durant Motors Automobile Club