Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Base Camp at Hershey 2008 ,Great Photos found!

All,
While searching the AACA website I came accross a "Hershey 2008 AACA Fall meet" photo collection, very neat!

BUT the 2nd Photo down was the "Durant Base Camp" with a part caption of..."I have never seen a real Durant but these guys have a whole club for them"

Very nice Photo collection with a H.A. Moyer or "Locomobile look-alike" and later parade pictures with a early 20's Locomobile model 48.

The Still photos and Parade pics are of wonderful examples and why we love Old cars!! Enjoy.

http://www.vaultcars.com/Hershey08/Hershey2008.html

Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Re: Durant Base Camp at Hershey 2008 ,Great Photos found!

I did a copy and paste on the URL, twice, and wound up with a "NOT FOUND" page.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring, 1927 Star M Coupe, 1924 Flint something

Hi All.....

Found it !!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Enjoy.....Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Don,
go to www.vaultcars.com
then scrool down to number (79) Hershey 2008
thats how I found it.

Wow! Excellent photos!! But, where were all the Durants and Stars in the lineups? Now, if I can just figure out which model Durant is sticking out of the back of the Base Camp tent,,,,,,

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring, 1927 Star M Coupe, 1924 Flint something

Hey Don....

From the radiator emblem it must be a 1929 (blue with white lettering) or maybe a 1928, never could tell what the factory put on.

Not quite sure of model but think it was an E 150....

See Y'all in Texarkana......Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

It's Durant's 1979 model camper. Or is it a tin depot hack.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

I hear those Durant campers can drive past anything but a swap meet.

It turns ou that the camper isn't really a Durant. Nexr year we ought to hav e a real Durant just to help out the folks who've never seen one.

Hey Rick, can we get some club $ to help fund a bigger and better advertised base camp?

See you there, Arthur Roberts

Do You own a car built by Durant? Mod 70, 1929 Deluxe Sedan

Hi Arthur,

Actually the club approved funds for a space this year, but think it was a timing issue. Having said that if someone wants to organize such a space for next year I'm on board with it.

Since I'm over here on the west coast we'll need someone in the east to be the point person and organize it. Give me a call you got my number.

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club