Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More questions

Its that man again with his stupid questions . Has anyone got a picture of the floor boards showing where the dimmer switch and stater buttons go? I would like to have them as close as possible to the original if I can . Figure if I put the dimmer switch just to the left of the clutch and brake pedals That would be okay. The starter maybe above the gas pedal or just to the right of it. Had no floor boards in the thing when I got it so I am not sure.
Thanks again guys

Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model614 -Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: More questions

Ever heard of that Packard saying "Ask the man who owns one" ? .. sigh , you are probaby missing the foot rest as well.

Heres the info right out of the owners manual. As I said in my email to you .. Dorothy's floor is complete and solid. Only missing the front mat. It even had two triangle sort of shaped rubber mats beside the front seat, both sides, however extremely brittle and crumble when picked up.

Pic shows a cigar lighter but most D's don't have that accessory item. Dots hole is middle below the instrument cluster and I have the ignition switch in that hole and cigar lighter in the ignition hole. No I don't smoke and someone did that years ago and hung an ashtray on the under edge of the dash under the lighter. Must have been left handed person ,too awkward for someone right handed. What I do not know is the smaller hole beside the "cigar lighter" to left of that. Its like the two rectangle slots in the rear fenders, one each side. Sure would be interesting to see a pic of Dot 1932 to explain little things like these. They appear to be factory done.

Photobucket

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Ken I can measure exactly where those holes are if you'd like. The acclerator footrest is a (ahem) Model A item. It is actually nice to have. The rubber mats are a black pyramid rubber that is still available. I cut and fit my mats ( the 2 mats Norm mentions, the main mat and the rumble seat floor mat) then you can grind/sand off a 1 1/2 inch 'border' around the edges and the pedals--gives it a nice finished factory look. Learned that from the late Ray Zenz. Roscoe

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 standard coupe

I went out in the -16 C weather and took pics of the two front floor boards (battery hole / main) and various knobs etc so Ken knows exactly were they are all at. Ford you say .. ****ed Henry again ha ha.

Also the two sheet metal plates that go around the tranny. (those are in the basement where warm .. ahhh)

Back floor has the orig carpet on it but very dirty and not sure it can be brought back.

My memory and ignition switch ... sigh. Its not middle bottom of dash cluster as no room but middle under the choke / throttle pulls. Cool the passenger can turn the car off on me, grin. Car is so narrow driver has no problem reaching the key. One day I'll switch the key / cigar lighter back or leave it as part of its history.

That's nice to know the matting is still available.

Ross
Good tip about grinding off the border. I have all the electrical parts in now except the dome light--that goes in tomorrow. You and the rest of the gang here have been more than generous with your help . I was having a very hard time since I had nothing to start with . The previous owner had stripped all the rotted wood and threw it out. Didnt leave me much but my imagination to build from. I thought I had a pretty complete car till I got into it . Found out I was way wrong. Needed many parts and pieces that he had taken and used on a car he rebuilt. I will make a car out of this yet. Tomorrow after the dome light I will cut out some metal pieces for around the pedals and the tranny and E brake.Then the next big job will be the seats . Might be fun there to. Maybe try to find some old springs and cut to size. Thats ahead yet.
Many thanks Ross .
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant model614 -Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Ken .. Di's expecting you to drive over here and take usa for a drive in the car once its done.

Norm
You tell Di that I would love to do that. Wonder if this old girl would make it that far and back - Maybe some day when there is a meet in Ontario you will see it pull up in front of your place. Probably on a trailer though . I owe you guys a lot for all the assistance I have recieved over the past few months .
Thanks a whole lot
Ken

The Durant Motors Automobile Club