Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Still looking for Locomobile parts
Thanks Rick, Back on line (was even blocked at home today)the "Confuser" is back up again!! Lots of fun today!! Worked on the "Locomobiles" all afternoon, doing minor things but Making progress! Thanks for all the warm words Norm...what did you think of tha...
Views: 401   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 5, 2009 5:21am
by Lance Chabot
oil fittings
Does anyone have a couple of the oil cups that fit on the water pump of a 30 durant model 614. Mine are not usable .I have one that is broken and one that someone welded the hole so its a matter of redrilling and replacing . these are tha small -about 14 inch diamete...
Views: 495   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 4, 2009 1:45pm
by Ken McCormick
Oil Lubrication on Starter ?
I am rebuilding my starter on a 1926 Star W5, starter is Autolite Type MO No. 4102. The back plate has a small oil cap and lid to fill (squirt) with oil... This allows oil down to starter shaft and bearings. I have removed the bearings (brass sleeves) and cleaned...
Views: 375   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 3, 2009 4:57am
by Guy J. Belzil
Canadian eh
Just for poor Lance in cold Fla. Couldn't resist when I got this this morning. Now there's a pair of Canadians enjoying winter. Surprised they aren't in shorts.
Views: 362   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 2, 2009 6:42pm
by Ken McCormick
E-Bay 1926 STAR Ad, 2 Hours left $6
Saw this tonight with 2 Hours left on An e-bay item #: 350170423652 NICE Black and White Ad: for 1926 STAR Six Landau Sedan, from Saturday Evening Post. Ad measures 10-1/4" X 13-1/2". Price $6.00 Dollars Lance C.
Views: 386   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 2, 2009 4:44pm
by Lance Chabot
Stromberg vs Zenith carbs
I have a original stromberg u-2 carb. It's made of pot metal and this seems to have limited my options. The only place I can fine to rebuild it is a company in Australia. They will replace the body with an aluminum one. This will cost well over $1000USD.. The other o...
Views: 775   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 1, 2009 3:40pm
by Shaun Murphy
If I had a Million and the Durant car chase
Here is a rare clip from the movie, If I Had a Million starring W.C. Fields. Yo might call it 1930's road rage, but if you watch this clip to a little past the half way point, you will see a Durant Roadster being chased by W.C. Fields. The real question is, What mode...
Views: 445   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 27, 2009 7:27am
by Lance Chabot
33 Frontenac parts for sale
Hi, I have a rusty 1933 Frontenac Flyer body ( Canadian car) 2 dr sedan that was placed indoors 20 years ago and I now have no room for it indoors. No frame, no floor, 1 door, 1 front fender, 2 back fenders, rear tank cover, dash and firewall. It is not in the be...
Views: 1110   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 26, 2009 5:57am
by Norm Toone
l
L.C.
Need continental c400 engine
I am looking for a continental C-400 engine that works or could be made to work. Can anyone help?
Views: 315   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 25, 2009 1:46pm
by L.C.
Wheel puller
First does anyone know of the proper thread size for a wheel puller for my 1928 Model 65? Secondly does anybody have one they want to part with? I expect it is the screw on type with threads and a bolt through the center right?
Views: 402   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 25, 2009 5:55am
by Norm Toone
oil fittings
Its that ****ed guy again-- I have an oil fitting on my water pump that is leaking water . Can anyone tell me if these are threaded or if they are just pressed in ? I am thinking of changing it to a grease nipple . It sort of has me curious about the water . Wh...
Views: 413   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 24, 2009 10:38pm
by Ken McCormick
Auto-Lite Distributor in Durant
I am trying to get another Durant ready for Texarkana and need information on a distributor in the Durant. Can anyone cross the Auto-Lite # IGW-4139A space 3A and tell me what it originally came out of. Could be an industrial or marine or auto. I don't think it is...
Views: 535   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 24, 2009 8:30am
by Jack Malpass
DMAC Elections
To all Durantonians, as you know 2009 is an election year for the DMAC; the last was back in 2006. Sometimes it is hard for me to believe that over two years have passed so quickly but they have. This year the club will elect officers to serve for the 2010-2013 term....
Views: 1028   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 23, 2009 12:40am
by Lance Haynes
Cam Shaft Babbiting Question
Hi guys. I was in Calgary Alberta last week delivering my W5 block for babitting. Mr. Horace Bauer of the Alberta Antique Car Association is in charge of their babitting operations. I was given a tour of babitting shop and was very impressed with knowledges known...
Views: 360   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2009 9:01am
by Guy J. Belzil
Star w-4 w-5 interchangeable parts?
Hi Durantonians.I am wondering if some of you out there know what parts are interchangeable with each other on the w4 and w5 engines. crankshaft? rods? other parts? Thx, Rusty
Views: 297   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2009 11:04am
by Rusty from Presc...
Manual de Instrucciones para automóviles RUGBY Modelo M (Spanish)
Hi dear friends, I am gladly sharing wit you all a spanish version of the "Instruction Book" for RUGBY cars Model M. This is not the same as the Repair Manual available in the DMAC website. You need to download it within 7 days, otherwise the site will delete t...
Views: 296   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 20, 2009 5:47pm
by Dib Franciss
Durant serials
Rick .. you back from your sales trip yet ? Re missing serial numbers for Durant and our emails between Terry and us ? 1929 40 (1/29) missing in all plants, plus one or more changes ? M2 (8/28)to 28 etc and 1933 633 L 1001 up. Just wiping out emails before OE corr...
Views: 352   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 20, 2009 1:35pm
by Norm Toone
Wiring Harness Suppliers
I've been looking around and have found two companies that make wiring harnesses for the Durant. I have a 1930 6-14. Rhode Island Wiring only offers a kit for the 1931 6-14, would this work in the 1930 model? YNZ offers a 1930 kit but for $200.00 more. Why the...
Views: 475   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 20, 2009 11:55am
by Ross Hoevet
Continental engine specifications
Fellow Durantonians and motorheads, I need your help! Many of us, from time to time, are, or will be, in the process of hunting down information for the older engines, transmissions, differentials, and other systems in our Durant cars. Recently, I have been searchin...
Views: 1839   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 20, 2009 11:49am
by Jeff
14th Annual Durant Gathering - Ontario
Hard to believe that this will be the 14th Annual Durant Gathering to be held in Ontario. Our event started out to honour Jeff Cromeens as he finished "The Great American Race" that finished in Toronto on June 30, 1996 I had known Jeff for 15 years, having met him...
Views: 318   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 6:05am
by Norm Toone
voltage regulator
Hi again-- I see on the wiring diagram that there is no voltage regulator . Is this right ?? I was under the impression that all wiring had to have a regulator. I sure am no expert and need all the help I can get. would sure like to get this wiring in and finish...
Views: 445   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 18, 2009 3:35am
by Norm Toone
Head and manifold gasket numbers
Does anyone know the McCord part numbers for the head and manifold gaskets for the 22A and 15L Continental engines? THANKS!! Dave
Views: 363   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 4:59pm
by Phillip Donoghoe
g
gary k
a favor...about Reo information & another Durant
Hello friends...I need some help ..anyone who has any good info on 1930 Reo Model 15...a coupe, I would appreciate any chances of copying owners manual, repair list or manual...whatever may be available...I am helping my friend with his new car.....and..... guess w...
Views: 357   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 4:54pm
by gary k
W5 Engine problem
Dear Durantonians: Again I am posting this part of my previous question, as it may be hidden between so many subjects treated in the Forum. It is regarding the blocks W5A-600-A and W5A-607-A interchangeability? I have two engines with the following engraved d...
Views: 484   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 17, 2009 1:30am
by Ricardo H.Colomb...
Free Transportation
It looks like I'll be returning to San Francisco from Los Angeles with an empty enclosed car hauler sometime in the next 4 to 8 weeks. If someone needs a car hauled I'd be happy to carry it. Free to club members. Likewise, on the way down, there will be room to...
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2009 11:47am
by Vince O'Brien
Washers under Head: Bolts Now what do i do?
I've been reading the posts about washers under head bolts and realize I may have made a mistake in restoring the engine compartment on my 50 Mercury. It has the original flat head engine. I replaced several of the head bolts with original style bolts and put washe...
Views: 358   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 16, 2009 8:16am
by Lance Chabot
Temp sender unit
Hello everyone I need info on the temp sender unit for the 30 model 614. Mine has the top broken off and no number that I can find. Can someone supply the info I need to replace it? such as -part number and manufactures name? Doesnt seem to be listed in my parts...
Views: 328   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 13, 2009 4:37am
by Norm Toone
Beauty in the making 1927 - W5
Love it ! Going for babitting next week ! Notice those gleaming ports !!!
Views: 369   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2009 7:36pm
by Guy J. Belzil
Window and Door Parts Removal
I have a 1930 Durant 6-14 and would like to gut the doors completely. The doors are solid metal (no wood). Can anyone give me advice on how to access these components? Thanks Shaun
Views: 313   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 12, 2009 1:21pm
by Norm Toone
Obscure Star Part
Hi Folks! I'm looking for the right and left braces that reinforce the headlight bar to fender on any Star M or R. They fit between the headlight bar and fender and also serve to reinforce the headlight. This is just one more item that wasn't included with our Star...
Views: 599   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 12, 2009 5:21am
by Norm Toone
Rear Spring Shackles model M and R
Here are the Rear Spring Shackles part number 22337 for the models M and R
Views: 301   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 8:03pm
by Franz Fraitzl
Distributor holding clip
Finally here are the new holding clips. There is no excuse anymore not to get your engine running. Enjoy. Franz
Views: 284   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 6:34pm
by Franz Fraitzl
No Snow - More Go
We haven't had any winter here in East Texas this year so I've had plenty of time to make a little headway on our '27 Star Coupes. I'm pre-fitting and bodyworking the front sheet metal before I paint the frame. The springs have been rebuilt and new eye bushings have...
Views: 316   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 6:30pm
by Franz Fraitzl
pitman arm needs replacing
Does anyone have a pitman arm for my 23 Star C Touring? I hope. The part number on the arm is EX990L. It appears as though someone previously attempted to machine down the thread area and then attempted a rethread. They made a complete mess of it. I can not find a...
Views: 277   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 2:54pm
by Don Shilling
Website Spam
Some of you are aware that for the past several days one of our Forum treads “engine serial # ????” has been hit with spam containing links to unwanted and objectionable websites. Since these attacks have continued, I have taken measures to combat this,...
Views: 643   Replies: 20
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 9:09am
by Ross Hoevet
Old Durant Photo Vintage Ford Magazine
Hi All... Just got the latest issue of the Model T Ford Club of America magavine. There is a multiple page story on the beginnings of automobile racing at Funk's Speedway in Winchester, Indiana. On page 41 is a picture of a Durant camera car with the film crew...
Views: 329   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 7:17am
by Bill Hoaglan
prices
how can i find out what the prices are on the durant cars ? i'm interested in maybe a 30's rodster
Views: 370   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 6:23am
by Eliot
production line for a early car
This was sent to me by Bob Kruse. When you listen to it you will realize the narator doesn't know what a convertible is. http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=S4KrIMZpwCY
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 10, 2009 6:06pm
by jan arnett
25 Star Kingpin Removal
Hello, I would like to remove the steering knuckles on my 25 Star. It looks like there is a pin that needs to come out to remove them? Are there any tricks to remove this pin, or does it pound or drill out. I tried a punch and hammer with no luck. Any tips would be a...
Views: 474   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 10, 2009 8:02am
by Rick Botti
...don't want to destroy the fuel gauge
Hey folks, Drained and pulled off my gas tank yesterday. It looks to be in pretty good shape, but I'm wondering whether I should degunk/derust/line it. I will have to get a bit more light into it to see if it's actualy got rust or gunk but for now I'm assuming yes...
Views: 297   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 9, 2009 7:42pm
by Franz Fraitzl
Distributor holding clip
Hey everyone, I am one machine setup away from having the distributor holding clip finished. Here is a picture after the second machine setup. Hard to believe but this little piece took me four days from drawing to finished part. Hope everyone is well. Franz...
Views: 251   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2009 7:31pm
by Ken McCormick
washers for head bolts
When I removed the head from my w-4 engine off my 23 Star, there were no washers on the head studs. Some of them buggers (nuts) were pretty tuff to get off due to the fact that a few of them had actually sunk into the metal of the head. I am assuming I should use...
Views: 311   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 9, 2009 5:32pm
by Don Shilling
Gas tank
HI ALL I am going to put my gas tank on the car and wondered if there is any little tricks I should know about first. Would hate to do it and have to take it off again because of some little glitch I dont know about.Any comments?? Thanks...
Views: 753   Replies: 22
Last Post: Feb 9, 2009 1:41pm
by Ken McCormick
LOCOMOBILE on E-bay and more
Thanks to all the club members for letting me know when "Items" are available for sale on e-bay!! I also have Ads posted on the Horseless Cariage Club website. One is on the "Wanted" page asking for "Any and All" Locomobile items that our club members might use....
Views: 363   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 9, 2009 5:40am
by Lance Chabot
Engine repair concern
Dear Durantonians: Here I am again looking for help. I have two engines with the following engraved data Engine............#1....................#2 Block code a....W5A-600-A.......W5A-607-A Block code b....20JA................9HF Head date.......1-6-5.......
Views: 488   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 9, 2009 1:40am
by Ricardo H.Colomb...
Pair of Star Roadster or Touring doors
I bought a pair of doors at an auction sale that are marked "Star Roadster or Touring". I don't know what year or model they are from. I will sell them for a fair price to anyone who needs them. Thanks, Brad
Views: 247   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 8, 2009 8:31pm
by Brad Jones
Generator Installation
I’ m trying to reinstall the generation in my 1925 Star. I’m at a double disadvantage. It was removed 2 ½ years ago by my son. So I really don’t have clue as to its installation. My son now lives 3000 miles away in Florida so can’t even u...
Views: 318   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 8, 2009 3:26pm
by Chuck Faulkner
engine serial # ????
Hi, I found an engine , 4 wire wheels ,and front and rear running gear. laying in weeds behind a barn. engine plate is only ID. sez mfgd by continental for durant motor co.. has the # 15L 22710 no other info........ help ?? what have I found ema...
Views: 693   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 8, 2009 1:34pm
by Rick Botti
distributor timing curve
Some of you may remember I had problems with the distributor that came on my 1923 Star C Touring with a w-4 engine. Aurthur Roberts was kind enough to sell me an Autolite distributor off a W-5 engine he had that was several years newer. I sent the distributor off...
Views: 576   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 8, 2009 1:24pm
by Don Shilling
15 U Continental in 617 Durant Photos
Hi All...... Been following the discussion about the 15U motor. Here are a couple of pictures of the 15U in my 617 Deluxe Sedan, made in Lansing. Note the add on generator, which replaced the original (still in place) Cathy and I found this car in New Jer...
Views: 290   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 7, 2009 4:13pm
by cdmn
54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63

The Durant Motors Automobile Club