Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
operators manual

Is there any such thing as an operators Manual for the 614 coupe? I would sure like a copy of one if it is available.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model 614 Deluxe Rumble Seat Coupe

Re: operators manual

You mean the owner manual ? They come on Ebay now and then for 614 and other models. More paper stuff under collectables versus ebay motors.

You need to join the Durant Maintance Club. Your local Durant Dealer will be glad to offer you the privilege of enrollment. No fee or dues required. Some ingenious reminder is attached to the speedometer by the Dealer, when its time to service your car.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The closest thing they produced to an owners manual is an Instruction Manual. I have one for the Model 6-14 from Durant Motors of Canada Ltd. email if you need any details.

Do You own a car built by Durant? almost 1933 Frontenac C400

That's were my last paragraph came from. Wonder what this ingenious thing was ???
The Instruction / owners is 48 pages. Its generic mainly like any manual saying see your dealer with problems. Keep your rad full, change your oil sort of thing. Its where I got one or two pics to post here or send to Ken and others. It doesn't tell you how to adjust the carb and like things. Keep a spare spark plug in the drivers door pocket. Make sure the distilled water in your battery is 1/2 inch over the plates. Examine your rad hoses for leaks. Don't alter brake rod adjustments as factory set, see Durant Service Center if its necessary. That sort of thing.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club