Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Distributer

Hello again
Has anyone got a distributer for my car? 1930 durant deluxe rumble seat coupe model 614 .
I have just discovered that the one I have is no good --Center part is loose and turn freely so the rotoe points all which ways at any time. Cant time it that way - been trying to get this thing running and am running into all sorts of little snags.
Back to the drawing board--
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model 614 Deluxe Rumble Seat Coupe

Re: Distributer

Hi Ken.....

Since you've been playing Johnny Cash (one piece at a time) with this car. Is it possible that you are missing the distributor drive shaft??

See the pictures for view of it and the distributor.

Hope this helps.....Frank ---

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Frank---
Maybe one piece at a time but all the pieces are pretty well here now --I do have the drive shaft--I have fixed the dist. as well--had to use my wire feed welder and it worked-- Put a mark on the wall.
there is small hope for me yet.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model 614 Deluxe Rumble Seat Coupe

Ken .. Car will make a nice planter beside the road side. Fill the trunk with earth and flowers. You could mount a mail box on the rad shell, for your junk mail and bills. Be like the odd mail boxes we have around the countryside here, using motor cycles / bicycles with box mounted front.

Don't laugh I saw a T touring a number of years back and the body was filled with earth with flowers waving in the breeze. Was below Jasper Ont, at a farm. See there is some use for a Ford.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club