Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
diagram of stromberg U2 carb
Does anyone have an exploded diagram of the U2 carb? I could sure use something to help me get mine working right. It seems to be flooding badly and I cant find a way to stop the problem . Thanks Ken
Views: 532   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 25, 2009 8:07pm
by Ken McCormick
National Auto Museum; Reno Nv. Great Visit!
All, Just back from a weeklong business trip. While there saw this. The National Auto Museum,10 S.Lake St. Reno Nv.89501-1558, (775) 333-9300. www.automuseum.org, Info@automuseum.org It's in the center of Reno Nv. and is an excellent stop if you are in that area....
Views: 311   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2009 7:58am
by Lance Chabot
clutch and brake pedals
I have a set of pedals here but do not know what they are from . I do know that at one time there was a locomobile in the area I picked these up. Parts numbers on then are ; Right side pedal--01A-2455-D Left side pedal --01A-7520-A1- circle with an A...
Views: 497   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 25, 2009 7:22am
by Lance Chabot
luray show
HOORAY FOR LURAY.....MARCIA AND I THINK THE GATHERING AT LURAY WAS ONE OF THE BEST EVER....WE HAD SUCH AN EXTRAORDINARY TIME WITH EVERYONE....IT WAS WONDERFUL BEING THERE .....THE CAVE TRIP WAS FANTASTIC. THE ANTIUE AUTO MUSEUMS WERE AWESOME AND THE BROOKSIDE RESTAUR...
Views: 335   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 24, 2009 4:06pm
by Frank Witkowski
For Sale
I have a Star Sedan (for parts) For Sale. It is a complete drive train (4 cylinders) with fenders, radiator, and an extra rear axle. Will sell for best offer. Scott lsdunlap@yahoo.com
Views: 344   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 24, 2009 1:38pm
by Rick Botti
how do Durants do in car-shows ?
I have entered my 30 durant 6-14 coupe in the soboba car show in the 30, 40 , 50 category how do durants useally do my car has no paint. -Phil
Views: 478   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 24, 2009 11:16am
by D. J. Federlein
Rear Axle seals - outer and inner ?????
I must ask about rear axles seals. I have found very good outside seals that fit perfectly without any trimming TC Oil Seal 45 X 58 X 7 .. yes that is metric. But, Don Shilling has told me that there are no inside seals. But I must play doubting Thomas. When I...
Views: 400   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 24, 2009 6:02am
by Guy j. Belzil
28 rear end / wire wheels
I received this a couple of days ago and am passing it on if someone wants to follow up. I replied thanks, but nothing pre 30 fits post 29 cars, however he should post on forum. I have no idea if its Canada or US. Re: Durant Car Parts We used to use, as a trai...
Views: 273   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2009 12:12pm
by Norm Toone
Hood Lace and rivets
Hey again y'all, When replacing the hood lace around the fire wall and the radiator shell what was the original way to secure the lacing? They used split rivets on the 23 Star that I have, however I continue to find things that are not as they should be if I am to...
Views: 233   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 22, 2009 12:03pm
by Norm Toone
Carburetor Adaptor
I am converting over to the Zenith carburetor that is being used by some members. Lance Haynes sent me both the straight and the 90 degree versions he had made when I was restoring my 30 Model Durant 614. I am in need of one that changes the carb. to a 90 degree angl...
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2009 8:32am
by Yates Milton
Rear Axle - Shims
When I dismantled my split rear end, I found a shim on the right axle end upon which the brake drum fits. Why did they put shims there ? What was their purpose ? What is the correct installation proceedure ? Tx in advance Guy
Views: 226   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 21, 2009 6:48pm
by Guy J. Belzil
Luray Pictures
Hi All..... Thought you might enjoy a couple quick pictures from the ECC Luray meet. We had cars from: Florida, Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Michigan and Ontario Canada ! As always the Durantonians had a lot of fun and laughs. See Y'all in Texarkana (or may...
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 20, 2009 5:04pm
by Frank Witkowski
b
brian
Quick sale this week only w5 complete engie 2 trannys plus extras
I really need to make some room in the garage. For Sale from my 1929 D40 leaside built Durant W5 enginetore down looks complete $100 includes carb, gen, exhaust manifolds (2)Distrib, 2 trannys $100 for both includes clutch and linkage I am in Toronto one a week a...
Views: 347   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 20, 2009 2:47pm
by Dave Truemner
Luray , Virginia East Coast Meet
Well another Durant gathering has come and gone. A full report will be in a future Durant Partner, but we had over 30 Durantonians converge on the tiny town of Luray. We had some of the regular East Coast members and met some new people too. I hope everyone got home...
Views: 268   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 20, 2009 2:24pm
by Tom & Karen Edmo...
STAR Steering wheel, Original Finish?
I need help determining how the steering wheel was finished when the car was sold in 1925. I removed the wheel to work on it and discovered that there was some black paint on the wood portion. Was the entire wheel painted black when new? Did the paint on the wood get...
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 20, 2009 7:57am
by Rusty Buchanan
Another motor mount question
I posted an earlier thread showing some home made motor mount pads. In that thread I learned that originally my 23 Star C Tourning with a W-4 engine had no such pads and was mounted directly to the frame. As I recently reinstalled the motor after a rebuild and paint...
Views: 226   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 20, 2009 7:07am
by Tony Madson
Finally getting it done
Greeting Fellow Durant lovers, After 5 years of working on restoring my baby. I am finally getting it done. Thanks for all the help and advise I received from you all. My Great Grandfather was a Durnat dealer back in the 20s in New Holland, PA. So it was natural t...
Views: 312   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 20, 2009 6:31am
by Frank Witkowski
Running Board material for 1929
Greetings Fellow Durantians, Can anyone tell me what the original rubber material looked like on a 1929' model 60 running board. Did it have groove in it? if so, which way did the groove run? or was it the diamond pattern, like some fords had? Also does anyone kno...
Views: 245   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 19, 2009 7:26am
by Leonard Burkhold...
carburator overhaul
Guess it is time to overhaul my carb. Seems to work but not well . I hope this is my last problem till I get the car running. Seems like I am still going one step foreward and two steps back . Have no more water leaking into the oil so at least that is fixed.I did ma...
Views: 307   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 19, 2009 6:17am
by Norm Toone
question on value of durant star roadster and coupester
I am basically a muscle car guy (mustangs), however, i have come across two star cars a roadster and coupe. i want to make an offer but do not know what the value range should be. they are both complete and had some restoration done years ago and have not been star...
Views: 282   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 18, 2009 6:29pm
by jerry Cool Clas...
looking for this brake-rod nut
It threads onto the end of the brake-rod where it fastens to the operating arm on the backing plate
Views: 237   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 18, 2009 1:49pm
by Dave Truemner
Split rim spreader and wheel puller for sale.
I have a Universal Rim Tool in excellent shape for sale: $25.00/ plus postage. Also one Springfield Wheel Puller(knock off type) that fits all Star, all Grey, all Locomobile, Durant M-2(since it was really a Star) 610 and 612. $20.00 plus postage. John Parrish 541-...
Views: 273   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 17, 2009 2:50am
by Norm Toone
Boy Scouting and W.C. Durant
The following is from the minutes of the Monmouth Council BSA meeting April 27, 1925, held in Red Bank, NJ. "TRANSPORTATION Scout Executive Danton spoke of the imperative need of automobiles for himself and Field Executive. President Housman stated that Mr. Frederi...
Views: 285   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 16, 2009 7:46pm
by Chuck Faulkner
Issues with the Forum
Our forum provider in an effort to give us a better forum has introduced some problems. Form those of you who have experienced problems either accessing or trying to post to it you are not alone. I have contacted the provider and asked for their help. In the meant...
Views: 813   Replies: 36
Last Post: Apr 16, 2009 12:57pm
by Norm Toone
For Sale, Model 70, Deluxe Sedan, Star engines & parts
Business forces me to sell my Mod. 70 Deluxe Sedan. The car is fairly complete but needs a good restoration. This car may be the only one of its kind and deserves a good home. Some Durant and Star 4 cylinder engine parts. Will post to E-Bay or call me at 804 761 4705
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2009 1:04pm
by Arthur Roberts
1928 D-55 Transmission
Does anyone have a repair manual that would cover the transmission for my 1928 D-55 Coupe? The front seal is bad and I thought it might not hurt to go through the entire transmission when I replace it, but I don’t want to tear into it blind. I would be happy...
Views: 231   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2009 7:07am
by Matt Crull
East Coast Chapter Spring Meet April 16th through 19th 2009 Luray, Virginia
Ok fellow Durantonians I've locked in the details for the ECC Spring meet and I'm giving everyone plenty of time to budget and plan for the trip. This spring we will meet in beautiful Luray, Virginia home of the Luray Caverns & Antique car museum and the mouth of the...
Views: 1798   Replies: 47
Last Post: Apr 14, 2009 6:32pm
by Rick Botti
Durant Partner award
Hi All...... If you get "Old Cars Weekly" newspaper, the latest issue has the "Golden Quill" awards listed. Carol has done it again, the Partner is listed as an award winner for 2008. Of course we already know that the magazine and our editor are AWARD WINNERS !!...
Views: 305   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 14, 2009 8:28am
by Rick Botti
It may be time to upgrade your software.
If you are still experience problems with the forum make sure your software is up-to-date. If you use Internet Explorer versions 6 or 7 please be sure that they are using the most recent and compatible version of Flash. The newest version can be downloaded from the...
Views: 437   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2009 8:11am
by Rick Botti
TRANSMISSION?
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TRANSMISSION I HAVE IN MY '28 DURANT M-2 AND WHERE TO LOOK FOR A BRAKE DOWN AND PARTS? I NEED A SECOND GEAR
Views: 236   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 13, 2009 7:03pm
by Don Shilling
temp guage
i have a bad temp guage, it did work until the connection between the gen and the water pump shreded, the engine overheated ( no harm to engine)but the temp guage pegged hi and the needle stayed.does anybody know of someone who repairs these or by chance i can get an...
Views: 342   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 13, 2009 9:33am
by Ross Hoevet
WaterPpump Gasket
Is there a source for water pump gaskets or do you have to make them? If necessary what material would you use to make them?
Views: 232   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 12, 2009 7:41pm
by Chuck Faulkner
trans. help
I need help in determining if my 27 star transmission would fit the rugby bus being restored in poland.They want to buy my motor and trans.I know the motor will work but would hate to sell them a 3 spd car trans if they need a 4 spd witch i suspect they do.Communicat...
Views: 289   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 12, 2009 7:38pm
by Lance Chabot
b
brian
Article in the Sun ed of Toronto Star on Durnat 12 april
No new info but still interesting none the less
Views: 205   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 12, 2009 7:07pm
by Lance Chabot
connection for water pump and generator
does any body have any ideas for what to use for the rubber hose connection for the generator and the water pump. thanks , rick
Views: 338   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 11, 2009 7:30pm
by Ron Jaremkow
New Web format
I have read the thread on the new format. Some of the comments were the letters were too small. If you use firefox all you have to do is hold down the ctrl key and the +. This will enlarge a the text regardless of site visited.To return to the original setting hold t...
Views: 199   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 11, 2009 9:08am
by Don Shilling
FLINT Headlight Stands
All, Those previous mentioned "unidentified" Headlight stands I have now found out are for 20's Six (6) Cylinder FLINT models. Two stands Complete with all mounting brackets, braces and original hardware. Good condition overall with slight surface rust. I had advert...
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 10, 2009 8:42pm
by Lance Chabot
Rear in serious need of dental work. Pinion missing four teeth and ring has damage.
Hello Everyone, I have a bit of a problem locating a rear for my 1926 woody star huckster.Talked to a few of you guys about it which raised some questions. The ring and pinion are beyond repair. I found that it has a 488 rear, which is a bit tall for the highway. Is...
Views: 376   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 10, 2009 6:48pm
by gary k
1923 Star Parts
I have for sale the "remains" of a 1923 Star, s/n L34754. All that remains of the body is the firewall/cowl. The chassis parts include front and rear axles,hubs and rims. The rims are in poor shape from sitting in the dirt. The steering sector is intact. The tran...
Views: 254   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 10, 2009 5:46pm
by Gene Corle
1923 Star Parts
I have for sale the
Views: 240   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 7, 2009 10:56pm
by Rick Botti
oil
the generator has a place to put oil, the distributer has a place to oil, the starter, and the water pump ,on either side of the pump housing is a brass cap, when screwed off looks like a zerk fiting but i think oil goes in the fittings with a needle oiler. question...
Views: 202   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 10, 2009 9:24am
by Rick Botti
D40 oil level float
Does anyone know what the float type oil level indicator looks like on a 29 D40 engine? The cork is there but the wire rod and whatever goes on the top is missing.
Views: 251   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 10, 2009 4:34am
by Norm Toone
DURANT FOR SALE
1929 Durant Model 6-66 four door sedan for sale. Car is totally disassembled, frame has been powder coated,engine turns freely,started to replace wood in doors. Does not have wheels or rear end. Body is in good shape. All vin numbers and engine numbers match original...
Views: 402   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2009 9:21pm
by George Soto
Rear differential - Help Needed...
I am reassembling my diff., it has a split casing. I forgot which way the main gear should be facing... to the right or left of the car ??? The casings seem symmetrical so things would work both ways but I may end up with 3 reverse and 1 very low forward gear. I wou...
Views: 203   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 8, 2009 7:28pm
by Don Shilling
New Durant Partner
Once again another master piece. What a surprise to see that the story of my Star was included. Thanks again for a great mag. Chuck
Views: 355   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 8, 2009 7:05pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
Parts
I have acquired the
Views: 253   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 7, 2009 4:53pm
by Rick Botti
parts availability for 1929 Rugby 4 cyl
Hi everybody. A question from a Limey who is a total Durant novice.We have seen a very nice 1929 Rugby 4 cyl 4 door tourer here in the UK which was restored about 12 years ago in NZ, hence R H Drive.We are considering buying the car for wedding hire as tourers are al...
Views: 291   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 7, 2009 9:31am
by Rick Botti
Mason Truck Parts and Axel Pile
Is anyone interested in these parts? Or is any museum interested in these parts?
Views: 346   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 4, 2009 2:48pm
by Jack Connor
Head gasket
Anyone know what a 4 cyl. victor 800-S gasket fits? I have a new one that I don't need, and can't use.
Views: 307   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 4, 2009 1:59pm
by Jim Glover
Torque specs
Hi again. What are the torque specs for the model 614 headbolts ? Just want to be ready to bolt the thing back down when the gasket arrives. Thanks again guys. Sure nice to have a good club ro get info from -and boy do I ever need it too...
Views: 346   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 4, 2009 6:19am
by Ken McCormick
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

The Durant Motors Automobile Club