Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
D40 oil level float

Does anyone know what the float type oil level indicator looks like on a 29 D40 engine? The cork is there but the wire rod and whatever goes on the top is missing.

Where Are You From? Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

Re: D40 oil level float

Steve .. I think there was discussion on that subject in Forum not all the long ago, if you can find anything now with this site format. They were talking about just that if I recall correctly.

You two not got that museum sedan finished yet. Almost time to open the place to the public

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

OK I found the post. I could bend the wire like the photo or make a 3/8 " ball like the other owner has. Which is correct for the D40? I'm leaning towards the ball type. Any suggestions on a coating for the cork?

Where Are You From? Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

Steve, wouldn't Steve's 60 be the same thing. Not familar with the pre 30's. Prefer a pull out dip stick. Another thought might be to see Science and Tech museum's other 40 to see what it has.

Do you coat the cork float with something, and perhaps shellac ????

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club