Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear in serious need of dental work. Pinion missing four teeth and ring has damage.

Hello Everyone, I have a bit of a problem locating a rear for my 1926 woody star huckster.Talked to a few of you guys about it which raised some questions. The ring and pinion are beyond repair. I found that it has a 488 rear, which is a bit tall for the highway. Is there a way to get it under 4.00? think I might be better off getting an entire housing. Also toying around with the idea of a late model rear and adapting the wooden wheels to it ith hydrolic brakes. Have also thought about building a trailer to go with the truck. Which means I would need a straight front axle with wooden wheels. Do any of you out there have an entire chassi they would be willig to part with? Maybe a parts car would be another way of doing it. Thank You for any help, Bruce

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Woody Star, Huckster

Re: Rear in serious need of dental work. Pinion missing four teeth and ring has damage.

hello men,
here we are with another Star in need of parts....must be someone out there who has extra parts or has seen an ad for the needed stuff. lets see if we can help this newly joining member...regards, gary k

Re: Rear in serious need of dental work. Pinion missing four teeth and ring has damage.

doesn't anyone have a rear to help this guy get his star together???

Where Are You From? penna., usa

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 6-14 sedan ; 1929 D-70 coupe

check the parts for sale above....has a star rear?...any good 4 you????

Where Are You From? penna., usa

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 6-14 sedan ; 1929 D-70 coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club