Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Split rim spreader and wheel puller for sale.

I have a Universal Rim Tool in excellent shape for sale: $25.00/ plus postage.

Also one Springfield Wheel Puller(knock off type) that fits all Star, all Grey, all Locomobile, Durant M-2(since it was really a Star) 610 and 612.
$20.00 plus postage.

John Parrish
541-514-5084

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 M-2 Durant

Re: Split rim spreader and wheel puller for sale.

John ... Dib was looking for a rim spreader for his Rubgy

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Sorry, Norm. It sold almost immediately after I posted this notice on the Forum.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 M-2 Durant

Dear friend Norm,
Thank you for remembering my need of this split rim.
Immediately after the guy from Universal Tires sent me a message telling they didn't have it on stock the same guy was so kind and send me an Ebay link where I could buy a RIM SPREADER for just US$ 15.00. I am just waiting for the tool.
I also sent JAN ARNET a private message asking for the article about the RIM SPREADER TOOL INSTRUCTIONS, but unfortunately never received any reponse. By chance, would you have this article to share?
Thank you anyway for your kindness,

Dib Franciss (Brazil)

Where Are You From? BRAZIL

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, a 1927 Rugby, Model M

Dib ... the posting a few weeks back said John had the spreader for sale. You even added, April 2, part of an article on the correct use of the spreader saying perhaps Rick could add it to the tech page. Forum only has half of the words showing on that item. I assume I have last years Partner somewhere.

Dib you should see Jan's item in your incoming mail.
All I can say on that subject is we never used talc in the past and changing split rims is no problem at all. Off with the tire, switch tubes or tires, and back on again. Much easier than clinchers or reg wheels.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club