Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boy Scouting and W.C. Durant

The following is from the minutes of the Monmouth Council BSA meeting April 27, 1925, held in Red Bank, NJ.

"TRANSPORTATION
Scout Executive Danton spoke of the imperative need of automobiles for himself and Field Executive. President Housman stated that Mr. Frederick Housman would see Mr. W. C. Durant with the idea of getting him to donate the needed transportation for at least one car and the rock bottom price on another."

For the benefit of those that do not know of my involvement in Scouting, this is my Council, and we are in the process of researching the minutes from 1917 forward. The council historian is aware of my involvement with the DMAC and flagged this for me. Should there be additional notes in the minutes, I will make sure that they get posted. If any one would like a copy of those minutes, I have them in a pdf format and can send electronically. Just send me your email address.

Charlie

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant 6-63, 1930 Durant 407, 1931 Durant 619

Re: Boy Scouting and W.C. Durant

That is so interesting. Did he actually donated the cars? I have 4 boys that are all Eagle Scouts and I spent over 20 years as an adult leader, everything from committee member to Cub Master, Scout Master, District commissioner and am Wood badge beaded. Great times and great memories with my boys.

Where Are You From? Riverside, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club