Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Selling 1928 Durant
My father has owned a 1928 Durant since the early 50's mayber earlier, used to drive it in the calvalcade of colors tour in Muskoka and in later years, just once a year for Kearney parade. My father has passed on and none of us are prepared to restore the car and ar...
Views: 389   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 29, 2009 7:08am
by Heather Pateman
1931 Durant Sport Roadster
Does anyone know where I can get brake hardware.
Views: 974   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 28, 2009 7:59pm
by dave enrico
durant
hello everyone i received a call last week from a gentlemen out in phelan calif, by victorville,he says he has a 1928 m2 2door sedan (coach) has owned it for 25 years,engine rebuilt supposedly, needs total restoration,wouldnt give me a figure on what he wanted, b...
Views: 435   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2009 1:16pm
by dave enrico
Trim pieces for the joints
I am looking for some sort of trim to fill the gap between the sheet metal on my car, The stuff that came with it is badly twisted and bent and there was not enough of it anyway. What do you guys use to dress up that gap?? And where can I get some ?? Any info will...
Views: 359   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 26, 2009 9:41am
by Bill Hoaglan
replacing horn wire
I have read all of the previous posts about removing horn buttons, but I want to ensure that I have directions specific to our 1929 Durant. My intent is to replace the rather frayed wire going up the steering column to the horn button. With an ohm- meter connected...
Views: 281   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 25, 2009 7:15pm
by Jim Greenamyer
c
Curt
Frame identification
I have a Star frame with front & rear springs and a complete rear end with wheels & one star hub cap. I can find no marking on the frame. I'd like to learn the year if possible. can any one help?
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 25, 2009 4:39pm
by Don Shilling
The Nickelers lost one of my Headlights.. Help
I have a 1926 Model M touring Built in Leaside. As my heading states.... the X#$%^&%$ nickelers lost one of my headlight rims. Let us say "I am not amused." Can someone direct me to where I may purchase such a headight rim ? Outside back diameter 8 inches...
Views: 383   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 25, 2009 6:13am
by Gordon F. Curl
Updates
I have recently updated the Events page, info for the Canadian Gathering has been posted. Contact Ed Pringlemeir for more information. I have also posted the registration form and agenda for our Texarkana meet, the cost will only be $59 per person. Rick
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 24, 2009 8:34pm
by Rick Botti
Best material for bottom water pipe
On a 23 Star, I believe originally, the lower radiator hose/water pipe consists of a formed metal pipe attached by two short hoses at each end to the water pump and the radiator outlet. The pipe needs to be bent around the motor mount and contoured slightly to run it...
Views: 318   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 24, 2009 7:18pm
by Tony Madson
Billy Durant in the news again in Canada
Out of Canada "Financial Post" May 22, 2009 General Motors of Canada Ltd. was hatched in the early 1900s when a farmboy named Sam McLaughlin sent a telegram to an old pal in Michigan asking if he could borrow an engineer to make plans for horseless carriages after...
Views: 334   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 24, 2009 5:09pm
by Lance Haynes
Penticton, BC
Well, we didn't make the big times in Penticton, but we did have a lot of fun at the Peach City Beach Cruise Car Show...They filmed cars on both sides of the Durant, one car on our left was a tricked out 59 Mercedis 190 SL worth about 200,000 another car was a 51 Gre...
Views: 624   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 24, 2009 3:42pm
by Lance Haynes
d
Darren
1926 Flint
I want to try to start the engine in my 1926 flint B40, but I am missing the carburator and starter motor, here is a link to a starter on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1924-1925-Flint-Auto-Lite-Starting-Motor_W0QQitemZ250396776475QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_...
Views: 488   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 23, 2009 7:41pm
by Jim Greenamyer
DEVAUX HORN
DOES ANYONE KMOW FOR SURE WHAT HORN MY 31 DEVAUX TAKES, ITS A CALIF CAR BUILY IN OAKLAND THANKS DAVE
Views: 534   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 23, 2009 5:46pm
by dave enrico
d
Darren
Durant parts
Here is an auction for some cars and parts in Oregon, looks like some Durant stuff there, http://www.jones-estate.com/
Views: 549   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 22, 2009 12:11am
by Ken McCormick
14th Annual DURANT Gathering - Ontario Region
Well folks, have you decided to come to Canada for the Gathering this year? Dates are July 2 - 5 and Registration should be made at one of the Motels by May 31st to get the club discounts. If you need a Registration form etc, just reply to this post and I will send...
Views: 356   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 21, 2009 12:19pm
by Bill DeVries
Rearend ratio's
Anyone know the best/easiest way to determine the rearend ratio of our cars? Also were there diff. ratio's available and what might they be.
Views: 449   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 20, 2009 7:23am
by Jim Glover
Need help with finding cheap tires in ontario, or alternatives to 19 wood spoke
I have started working on my D40, my problem is (so far) is finding cheap tires for the car. it currently has the 19 wood spoke rims. I need the car to be able to roll in and out of the garage. I have only one good tire the rest are shot. I have looked and watched e...
Views: 481   Replies: 17
Last Post: May 18, 2009 12:14pm
by Steve Large
Right Out Of The Box
For the last year and a half I've been finishing a frame-off, nut and bolt restoration of the car I had in High School: a 1950 Mercury 4-door. On Saturday, I bolted on the hood and drove it to a show in San Rafael, CA. This was the first time it had been out of th...
Views: 308   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 17, 2009 5:36am
by Mike Linthicum
Brakes
Sure been having my problems with this buggy. Seems like the previous owner did a lot of bad things with the car. The rear brackets that hold the brake cables were cut off the frame. Then he welded a few pieces together and built one for the drivers side .The problem...
Views: 318   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2009 8:16pm
by Ken McCormick
Brake adjusting pliers
I missed the one on E bay and sure would like to have a pair. Has anyone got a pair they would be willing to sell. I need the steeldraulic type . I see there are three or four different makes. Utica and Blackhawk are two names I know of. Maybe have to have my good...
Views: 294   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2009 7:28pm
by gary k
setting up brakes
I am having all sorts of trouble trying to get my brakes working.I tried tightening the cables--adjusting the toggle bolts .everything else I could think of and still they will not stop me . Only one thing left that I can think of --Maybe I have the hubs and backing...
Views: 571   Replies: 20
Last Post: May 16, 2009 7:25pm
by gary k
Continental motor oil clearances?
Does anyone have the main and rod oil clearance specifications for the continental 6 cylinder motor? It is the 1928 model year having the 7 bearing 15U motor. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Views: 403   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 15, 2009 6:55pm
by cdmn
Torque Specs and problems with torquing - head bolts, rod bolts
Help required : I am putting the engine together. And am having torquing problems. The head studs are new, but tightened the head bolts over 50 lbs pulls the studs out of the block. Machinist has heli-coiled problem studs to date (2) but is worried about others...
Views: 346   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 15, 2009 6:43pm
by cdmn
Cleaning engines with babbit bearings
Hello all.... In years past, We use to dismantle all of our motors and send the block to be boiled in oil before installing new freeze plugs and cam bearings. Problem is, I have never had to clean a block that has babbitted bearings! With all of todays newer chemical...
Views: 290   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 15, 2009 8:29am
by Don Shilling
THANK YOU
I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A "BIG" THANK YOU FOR THE HELP ON THE SPLIT RIM TOOL THE ONE I GOT WORKED SO GOOD I WENT OUT AND GOT 5 NEW TIRES JUST SO I COULD USE IT. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP NOW I AM LOOKING FOR ONE LAST PART SO I CAN COMPLETE AND GET IT READY FOR THE...
Views: 332   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 14, 2009 8:44am
by Bill Hoaglan
We have a celebrity among us!
Yes Durantonians we now have a celebrity among us. When I went to the mail box today my July issue of Hemmings Classic Car was there. Low and behold I immediately started to look through the book and on page 32 is a story about Bill Vigus's 1925 E-55 Flint. 4 page ar...
Views: 332   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 14, 2009 5:49am
by Jim Greenamyer
Pot metal engine parts
I have been working on a 1928 Durant Continental 15 U motor that has some pot metal pieces to house the rear main seal. When I dismantled it the metal just fell apart. The seal is not the standard rope seal but some cork or cork like material. I have plans to make th...
Views: 703   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 11, 2009 9:43pm
by Lance Haynes
6-14 Interior photos
I am getting ready to take my car into get reupholstered and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take some pictures on the inside of their 6-14 coupe particularly the headliner, back wall, front seat, and rumble seat compartment also if you have a...
Views: 534   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 11, 2009 12:00pm
by phillip Butterfi...
labyrinth sealing
My dad and I are restoring our D55 from the bottom since 2 years now. We had the engine restored and even mounted to the car again last year. The engine was running just great, only having one problem: A lot of oil leaking out at the crankshaft rear end to the clutch...
Views: 376   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 11, 2009 10:55am
by Goetz Dietrich
Coil Polarity?
I have a coil with terminals marked with a + and a -. Does it really make any difference? As long as one terminal is connected to the ignition and the other to the distributor, shouldn't it work? I have a positive ground system.
Views: 442   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 11, 2009 7:43am
by Ross Hoevet
Star, Flint, Rugby commercial vehicles
Does any member have some sales literature or period photographs of any of the above vehicles? I need some technical specifications as well as good copies of photographs or sales brochure drawings of some fo these. Please email me privately with what you have. Thanks!
Views: 350   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 10, 2009 10:54am
by Norm Toone
Universal Joints 1926 Touring - How much Play and Solutions
Gentlemen: I have reassembled my differential with all new bearings and seals. Now I am putting back together the driveshift. It has enclosed Spicer universals. I think there is toooo much play of universal shaft in sleeves ( ie. 4 per end) and the sleeve...
Views: 371   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 9, 2009 7:27pm
by Don Shilling
1962 Hershey event on U-Tube
Found this on the AACA web site, wanted to share it with everyone. If you have the time, watch it, some really nice cars at the event 47 years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrw0EpnRjaw
Views: 290   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 8, 2009 9:01pm
by gary k
e
Eliot
Interior
Help! I have a 25 Star 2-dr Sedan Model F and I would like to state working on my interior. I have no idea what the upholstery looks like as there is nothing left but the springs. What I need is some good pictures of the seats, door and rear panels and the headline...
Views: 362   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 8, 2009 10:51am
by Norm Toone
Need AEA Chart for model 60
Actually I need the back side of the AEA chart for either 1929 model 60 or 1928 model 55. I need the spark advance info. The distributors used were IGB 4006B & IGB 4006C. Rick
Views: 313   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 7, 2009 11:16pm
by Lance Haynes
1933 Continental ACE NEED HELP
Hello everyone.. I've landed here from information received from another sites forum members.. Here's the story.. I'm trying to help a friend find the best way to sell and value a 1933 Continental Ace that he recently inherited from his father. He doesn't know mu...
Views: 280   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2009 5:21pm
by fattuna
FYI on Gas Stabilizer
This info may be known to many of our Members, but I just found out about it. STA-BIL has a product called STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment Marine Formula. This product is made to help fight many of the damaging effects of Ethanol. This product I was told about was at a Ma...
Views: 340   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2009 10:45am
by Ken Brink
Radiator Interchangability
Hey y'all, Regarding my 23 Star C Tourning: Both my radiator and shell are in ruff shape. Both have had work done on them in the past that was not very well done. Lance Chabot lives nearby and has a radiator from a 26/27 Star Six available. Are these radi...
Views: 308   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 6, 2009 7:52am
by Tony Madson
1928 Durant M-2 For Sale
Great all-original four door sedan for sale. Not running(missing starter, water outlet pipe,fan and fan hub. Has four new tires, tubes and flaps (not mounted) and VERY straight body. All original interior. Daughter getting married this summer and lack of storage sp...
Views: 743   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 5, 2009 6:52am
by John Parrish
'24 Star
Hello Fellow Members, Has anyone noticed the nice '24 Star touring car someone has for sale in Snohomish, washington. He's only asking $10,000 for this fine piece of history. I think this gentelman needs a shot or two of reality.
Views: 312   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 4, 2009 7:40pm
by Bruce Hargin
c
cdmn
Continental F-163 engine for sale
For those out East, this might be a drop-in conversion for a Durant: Contact Greg, Dillsburg, PA. 717-432-8385. $475. Out of an Ingersoll Rand compressor. From YT magazine ad.
Views: 476   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 4, 2009 5:40am
by cdmn
6-14 Trivia facts ???
what would be the best facts to know about the 1930 6-14 ? thanks -Phil (the youngest DMAC member)
Views: 308   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 3, 2009 5:15am
by Norm Toone
What Is It?
Can anyone help me identify this car. (Sorry for the poor quality. It's a picture of a picture.)
Views: 380   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 3, 2009 4:41am
by Norm Toone
Deja Vu All Over Again...
For fun, I hauled my 25 Star to LA and had my daughter take some pictures of it outside her 1911 Craftsman Bungalow.
Views: 324   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 2, 2009 8:54pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
Now, That's What I Like!!!
Check out this Ebay listing # 220402008793 for a 1928 Durant Sedan starting at $500.00 and no reserve. This is what I like to chase around the country and drag home! This is for a really ambitious wrench bender with a WHOLE lot of spare time. Me,,, it's more of a...
Views: 483   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 24, 2009 3:44am
by Norm Toone
Durant In Racing
In addition to my totally stock restored Durant I also have a Ford "A" speedster. I am always looking for Durant's activity in racing. This past week end at a swap meet I found 9 magazines titled "FOUR- BANGER" from 1975-80. They cover dirt track, sprints and midgets...
Views: 298   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 30, 2009 9:35pm
by Vince O'Brien
1928 Durant For Sale
1928 Durant Does run comes with extra transmission and sun visor. Needs top and wood working. Has title . would make great father son project and sunday driver. This is my sister's car and i am only posting it for her. first 3500.00 takes it all great car for the mon...
Views: 405   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2009 6:34pm
by Dennis Murphy
Rugby, 1929
My name is Jacek. I'm from Krakow, Poland. Together with my friends we have restored a 1929 Rugby. It's a bus which was built on Rugby L chassis in Krakow. It's a one from a set of twenty three identical buses which were used in our city until 1936. All the buses w...
Views: 2050   Replies: 20
Last Post: Apr 26, 2009 5:23pm
by Dave Schulte
1927 Star Car Picture
I found this picture on the internet. It looks like a 1927 Star, but what model? If you click the link below the picture, a larger image will appear. Rick http://www.shorpy.com/files/images/1928StarCar.JPG
Views: 2746   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 26, 2009 3:27pm
by Don Shilling
She runs--and sounds good
Finally got it running with a bit of help from a friend. Darned carb was out of wack and the points were wide open. A good friend (mechanic) came up and helped me. I owe him now . At last I can get the thing started and tuned up . Now to adjust the brakes then maybe...
Views: 306   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 26, 2009 8:35am
by Bob Smith
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

The Durant Motors Automobile Club