Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Star, Flint, Rugby commercial vehicles

Does any member have some sales literature or period photographs of any of the above vehicles? I need some technical specifications as well as good copies of photographs or sales brochure drawings of some fo these. Please email me privately with what you have. Thanks!

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Re: Star, Flint, Rugby commercial vehicles

Mike .. did you catch ebay 330328623568 ?? Nothing like this in Terry's site. Looks home made from something. Fenders off ? Front bumper ? All Rugby trucks shown in Terry's site have proper cowls and fenders like the cars. Doors have two bands across them. Think its right ?

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Norm, it's hard to tell from the pictures since I can't get a closer look and I don't see the ID plate. The sales brochures that I've seen so far, and I just received some more copies from Dave Schulte, show that the Rugby truck had two sets of air vent slots on the hood and the rear of the cab just behind the door went down to be even with the lower part of the body. In the picture on Ebay it look like it goes lower. But you could purchase just the frame, running gear and cowl and have your own cab and body manufactured. I would guess to say it's probably original but you'd have to examine the frame, springs etc to see what was different. They did beef up the springs etc for the commercial chasis. My two cents worth.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

hi mike
i have a excellent brouchure showing all star trucks and chassis available in 26.i will get copys for u
brian boys

Where Are You From? cloverdale canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 STAR 6 SEDAN

Perhaps the lad could send you better pic's for your collecting of truck info and what model it is. Would have thought that carriage bolts be reversed so smooth heads are outside and nuts inside like T, Chev, etc, trucks.
Could it be like the Chev, where they were a year behind the cars ? My old 31 Chev Canopy Express Truck had 30 fenders and I was told trucks lagged a year behind cars for fenders and such. 30 fenders fit it but 31 had to be cut narrower at the aprons almost 2 inches. I know because I slid my 31 sideways into a tree, in the mud at mums home back then and I wasn't a happy camper. Had a 31 fender cut and that part welded under the fender, to reattach to the apron.
Fenders on this could be 27 Star perhaps ? That seems to match Terry's site for a 27 Star truck. Doesn't match 28 / 29 D's.
Doesn't seem to have hood latches in the pic.

Yes I guess most manufacturers supplied the bare chassis, fenders and cowl, and you have whatever made, body wise, cowl back.

Can't help you on your mission other than I have a Rugby rad crest off a 614 I got in the 60's, at a saw mill. Poor old truck was sticking up in pieces from the ground, where it had been partially bulldozed. T truck the same, not far from it. Crest as you know mirrors the 30 - 33 Durant one, except the name.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club