Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What Is It?

Can anyone help me identify this car. (Sorry for the poor quality. It's a picture of a picture.)

Photobucket

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Re: What Is It?

the engine cover makes me think franklin...and, radiator shell looks "not radiator filled"...
just a guess, not sure

Where Are You From? 0

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2

It's a 1926 or 27 Chandler.

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Sport Roadster

Rick
I think your right, it looks like a Chandler to me also. Kind of a bigger car.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Rick,
You nailed it, my reference match a 1926 Chandler Model 35 Sedan, 124" WB, 55HP 6 Cyl. Sedan models called; 20th Century, Metropolitan and Deluxe.

Also first year for this unique 4 bar radiator design, 1927 was similar but straighter lines tthrough the beltline at Hood, Cowl and Body.

Ref: Pages 254,256. The Std. Cat.of American cars 1805 to 1942, Beverly Rae Kimes,Henry Austin Clark Jr, First Ed First Printing,1985. Krause Pub.Iola Wisc.
Hope this helps,
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Ya are out there Lance. Used to be two Chandlers around here. One in Jasper wrecking yard, now all cars crushed and gone. And one south of Ottawa. That one was a sedan turned truck. They moved the back behind the front seat and stuck on a wooden deck to tote stuff. Still had the typical Chandler wooden stips on the back of the body.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club