Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
labyrinth sealing

My dad and I are restoring our D55 from the bottom since 2 years now. We had the engine restored and even mounted to the car again last year. The engine was running just great, only having one problem: A lot of oil leaking out at the crankshaft rear end to the clutch.
That is where usually the labyrinth sealing does its work.
Our original one had to be rebuild by a guy here in germany, but that seems not to work properly.
Meaning for my dad and me, that we have to disassemble the engine again and get one of these labyrinth sealings. But no one here in germany knows about them.
So if you have any information where to get a labyrinth sealing for our 1928 D 55 (14L Cont engine), it would be great if you could let me know.

Goetz

Where Are You From? Germany

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durnat D 55 Brougham

Re: labyrinth sealing

Hi Goetz.....

If you are referring to the pot metal seal block at the back of the motor. Mike Butters in Canada makes new ones. He is listed in the parts and service directory...

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Re: labyrinth sealing

Thanks Frank,

he has what I need. Great help.

Goetz

Where Are You From? Germany

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant D 55 Brougham

The Durant Motors Automobile Club