Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DEVAUX HORN

DOES ANYONE KMOW FOR SURE WHAT HORN MY 31 DEVAUX TAKES, ITS A CALIF CAR BUILY IN OAKLAND
THANKS DAVE

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 SEVAUXS 1 31 SPORTS COUPE AN A 32 XOUPE

Re: DEVAUX HORN

I'm not much help, but if it would be of any assistance, I could take a photo of my horn and send it to you so you'd have an example to look for....the instruction manual for the car says the horn was provided by "Moto Meter Gauge & Equipment Corp., Toledo, O."..... I could look and see if there's anything on the horn that would give a clue as to part number or whatever.

John Willoughby

Do You own a car built by Durant? DeVaux

I believe the original horn is round and about 5 or 6 inches in diameter. Mine mounted on the head with a simple bracket to a head bolt.
I believe the original was not to effective so many owners added another on the firewall.
Gary

Where Are You From? www.devauxregistry.com

Gary - My horn is like yours. It is round and mounted on the engine.

would appreciate a picture of the horn, sorry it took so long to reply

Where Are You From? so calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 devaux sports coupe, 1932 devaux sports coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club