Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Fenders
I am looking to find a set of fenders for this car that are in better shape than mine.These are pretty rough. Been welded by a real amateur and they are pretty bad.If I can get some in fair shape it would make my body work a lot easier . Long as the price is right I...
Views: 652   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 29, 2009 3:17am
by Norm Toone
26 R Model Steering Box
Have a problem!!! Worm gear and steering column tending to climb up and down. What anchors it in position? On top of shaft under spark and throttle levers there is a large keyway slot with no key. Is something missing there? Brian
Views: 333   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 27, 2009 11:49pm
by Rick Botti
DMAC Club Logo
I’m very excited to announce that the board met today October 18th 2009 and voted unanimously to officially adopt the graphic currently used on our license toppers as the new logo of the Durant Motors Automobile Club. You will now see it on both the main pa...
Views: 1365   Replies: 28
Last Post: Oct 27, 2009 8:27pm
by Bert & Sonia Bab...
Spare tire sidemounts
I really like the looks of John Baroldi's 1924 STAR Deluxe Roadster on the back cover of the Fall issue of the Durant Partner. One thing that caught my eye was how great the side mounted spare tire looked. My question is this; Did Durant offer this as an option on t...
Views: 273   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 27, 2009 4:25pm
by Frank Witkowski
Don't know to buy it or not
Hi to all of you, who now much more about Durant then me. This 65 year old ( Dutchman ) bad in writing English ,No's about model A Fords ( have two ) but thinks it is time to ad another car/ brand to my shop. Was looking into the Durant's and found them by looking a...
Views: 398   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 25, 2009 4:31pm
by Gerard hengeveld
Radiator Hose Connection
I pull the radiator hose off the head of my '25 Star, it's nothing but rust. Does anybody have a spare in good condition? If so I would be interested. Thanks Chuck
Views: 273   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 25, 2009 1:07pm
by Chuck Faulkner
September Partner
What a pleasure it was to receive the Sept. partner and see the photos from the July Durant meet in Guelph, Ontario. Thank you Carol, for doing such a superb job, issue after issue. We sure had a great time at the meet and have found it very successful to join up...
Views: 324   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 25, 2009 12:40pm
by Carol Fogarazzo
Selling my car
Just listed my Durant on Ebay, if any interest, see item #250517909762
Views: 402   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 25, 2009 6:38am
by Mike Linthicum
Trains Buggys & Automobiles Lancaster PA September 2010
Hi All... Just an update on the 2010 National Convention to be held September 8 through 13 , 2010. The dates are finalized, still working on hotels. Should have that done within a couple weeks. This will be the largest gathering of Durant products ever seen i...
Views: 486   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 24, 2009 7:49am
by Charles A. Spitz...
Top Bows - Information Needed
Guestbook entry is showing 1923 top bows for a Star touring. Question : Would these bows be appropriate for a 1926 Star touring ???? All answers appreciated Guy
Views: 250   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 22, 2009 8:02pm
by Don Shilling
Hershey 2009
For those of us who missed Hershey this year follow the link to a slide show of some of the cars on the judging field on Saturday. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ruthjane/sets/72157622466043701/show/
Views: 285   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 3:25pm
by Mike Linthicum
FAROLES DELANTEROS
Estimados amigos, soy el feliz poseedor de un Durant modelo 60 tourin,año 1929, se que de este auto se construyeron pocos, estoy en plena restauración, con los detalles de fabrica,estoy buscando un par de faroles delanteros completos, y el trasero, tambi...
Views: 371   Replies: 9
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 11:12am
by Rick Botti
Durant D60 1929 Touring
Estimados Amigos: Gracias por comunicarse conmigo por la búsqueda de mis faros,y otros accesorios. De mi auto quería saber si hay información de cuantos se fabricaron,busco su historia y tengo muy poco, quisiera con...
Views: 295   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 8:11am
by carlos Carmona
Two Houdaille rear shocks; Locomobile, Fronty, Durant, 1926 on,
Norm, et all, Thanks for the e-Bay tip on 320437222566:($24,99, 4 Days left, 0 Bids). "Two Houdaille rear shocks with slight variations Used by 1926 - 30 Pierce-Arrow, Lincoln, Locomobile, McFarlan. Both need rebuilding. Shock arm length c-c is 10 1/2", link i...
Views: 260   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 21, 2009 3:42am
by Norm Toone
LOCOMOBILE Emblems and Patches
Hi Rick, et all, I looked in the Club store to see the old emblems. When are we going to have a Club "LOCOMOBILE" Emblem, Patch, or Stickers available? Or maybe just a big script "L", which was popular with the company at the time? Thanks for the update an cla...
Views: 263   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 20, 2009 5:19am
by Lance Chabot
LOCOMOBILE Info, Tech Data, and Pictures
Frank & Rick, et all, Thanks for the update Frank on the "New" Banner, adding "LOCOMOBILE" etc., Great News!! Previously I have sent in Loco Data and Pictures but have not seen them posted. Should I re-send, and to whom? Currently I have more LOCOMOBILE Dat...
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 19, 2009 7:59pm
by Rick Botti
Throw-out beariing revisited
A recent forum letter from Guy Belzil about noise from the throw-out bearing unit recieved very little response. For those of us that own these Durant and Star models with the open clutch (no bell housing), It would be helpful for us with this problem area to find o...
Views: 415   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 18, 2009 11:01am
by Rick Botti
seats
Where can I find seat springs for my car. Do I have to have them built and if so where can I get them made? I have thought of using foam but dont know if that would work okay. Any info is appreciated. Thanks Ken
Views: 517   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 16, 2009 2:57pm
by Norm Toone
Star, Durant, Flint: Boyce-MotoMeter Rad Ornament/Temp Gauges
All, As mentioned earlier this Hershey seller had original Boyce MotoMeter Rad ornament/Temp gauges for our Star, Durant, and Flint cars (as well as Many other makes!). Priced from $100 to $150 depending on condition and outside surface treatment . Price probably ne...
Views: 417   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 7:18pm
by Lance Chabot
seats
Where can I find seat springs for my car. Do I have to have them built and if so where can I get them made? I have thought of using foam but dont know if that would work okay. Any info is appreciated. Thanks Ken
Views: 271   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2009 8:43am
by Ken McCormick
DeVaux Wins at Hershey
Hi All..... Just looked over the winners list from the AACA Fall meet at Hershey. Long time member Myron Cummings won a First Junior with his 1931 DeVaux in Class 20A. Congratulations Myron, a very well deserved award. It was a pleasure talking to you a...
Views: 543   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 10:44pm
by dave enrico
b
brad
'29 W-5 engine parts
looking for some W-5 engine parts now,rear seal block disintigrated along with the jb weld that was holding it together, head gasket, ect. Thanks
Views: 269   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 14, 2009 11:14am
by brad
Front geartrain timing
I am working on a W5, does anyone have a manual that shows cam / crank / generator timing? There appears to be a timing pointer just above the generator gear, two timing dots on the crank gear, 1 on cam gear and 1 on generator gear. They dont ever seem to line up whe...
Views: 339   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 13, 2009 5:12am
by brad
1928 Durant outside door handle
My Model 65 uses these door handles on the outside (4dr sedan). I have found a supplier in Australia that makes the matching inside door handles and window cranks etc and is fairly reasonable. He will cast these door handles for me but he needs a minimum order of 12...
Views: 308   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 6:40am
by Mike Linthicum
Hershey
Just back from Hershey Heart felt thanks to Karen and Tom Edmonds for putting me up and putting up with me during the event. I was going to sleep in my truck. That's what I like about our club, we take care of each other. This was my first time, what an experience!...
Views: 320   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 12, 2009 3:47am
by Norm Toone
Oak Spoke Wheels
Colleagues: Is there any information indicating the original varnish application to the spokes when new -- such as: dark, light, high gloss or satin? Is there any specifically recommended varnish for this process, including number of coats? Present wheel spokes a...
Views: 646   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 10:42am
by Jan Arnett
Star engine/ Dort Parts
There is a star engine for sale on the AACA forum under for sale. I couldn't get it to copy but you will find it at AACA.org. He also has Dort parts for sale. The engine looks very good but missing carb, water pump and distributor. Good hunting. Jan
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 11, 2009 10:21am
by Jan Arnett
e
Eliot
25 vs 26 Stqr
Does anyone know if any of the parts from a 26 Star will fit my 25? Trans, axels, rear dfferential, engine, brake drums, etc Thanks
Views: 289   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 10, 2009 6:36pm
by Frank Witkowski
Removing Chrome
After reading Shaun Murphy's post on poor chrome quality it got me thinking about my radiator cap. The chrome is pealing off. But underneath the metal is brass and appears to be in good shape. I thought i would just finish pealing off the chrome and buff the the bras...
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2009 6:21am
by Lawrence
1928 Durant Roadster photos
If you wish to see photos of the 1928 Durant Roadster offered for sale click on the website icon
Views: 382   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 9, 2009 10:06am
by Gordon A. White
Throw Out Bearing Noise....Help required.
I have quite a bit of noise coming from my throwout bearing area. It is the forks clanging (clicking) agaisnt the throwout bearing ( and/or holder ?) as the bearing turns with engine. By slightly pressing on the clutch pedal (i.e. applying slight pressure to th...
Views: 420   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 11:42am
by guy belzil
Throwout Bearing Noise
To Guy, Under the floor board, I placed a small pad of carpet material in the spot where the clutch petal arm comes up against the floor board when it is not depressed. A small piece of leather or other material will also work. Something to slightly lessen the spac...
Views: 297   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 11:40am
by guy belzil
Headlight reflector clip
OK Durantonians I need you to check your stash of parts and see if you can help me come up with the below part for my headlight. Only need one since I have the other and it's in find shape. This holds the headlight bulb socket in place on the reflector. Already looke...
Views: 267   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 5:29pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Headlight reflectors
Question for you all. I was taking apart my headlights today and was wondering about the reflectors. Does anybody know if they are silvered or just polished metal? I looked at mine and I cant seen any type of coating on them which I think they use after the re-silver...
Views: 650   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 6:52am
by Mike Linthicum
1928 Durant Roadster for sale
1928 Durant Roadster, full frame-off restoration comp-leted by Memory Lane Motors one year ago. Car has won ribbons in two car shows. $40,000 Can. 705-887-3313
Views: 311   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 5:54am
by Gordon A. White
Continental W5 cylinder heads
I have 2 cylinder heads to fit Star/Durant cars with W5 Continental motor. One is a W5-A, the other a W%-B. Photos available.
Views: 315   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 7, 2009 4:19am
by Paul Jacobs
Throwout Bearing
Hello, I am posting on behalf of a friend that does not use the internet. He has done the unthinkable while restoring his 1928 Durant D-65, and has lost the throwout bearing. Any info on where we might be able to find a replacement would be very appreciated. As previ...
Views: 292   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 6:08pm
by Rusty Buchanan
installing roof material
Can anyone supply a picture of the method of installing the cobra roofing on my car? I know it has to be put on in hot weather but how is all the metal trim placed? I am having trouble trying to figure this one out. Does the first metal strip go over the roofing a...
Views: 371   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 1:26pm
by Norm Toone
re-arch the old springs or not !!
I was wondering if anyone out there might know the correct (original) ride height of my Star as it relates to the springs. I have no idea how much they may have sagged in 85 years. So, what I'm looking for,is possibly a measurement from the ground to the frame? Sure...
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 8:33pm
by Rusty Buchanan
1927 Star M Door Glass Pattern ???
Hi All..... Anyone have a template or accurate measurements for the front door glass for a Star M 1927 4 door sedan?? Mine was removed and lost years ago when it was a movie car. I guess I could remove the passenger side and use it as a pattern, but trying t...
Views: 372   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 7:01pm
by Ray Bauers
14L 15L Oil Manifold
Does anyone have a spare main bearing oil manifold for a 14L or 15L Continental 6? Thanks, Dave
Views: 286   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 5:26pm
by Dave Schulte
Wood wheel varnishing / and steering wheel
The present varnish on the wheels is very presentable, and appears to be a satin finish over oak wood. The wood steering wheel has a soft dull finish surrounding the metal structure. What is the prescribed approach for best maintenance / varnishing, including best p...
Views: 302   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 2:51pm
by Ronald Hast
Durant 4-lug wheels for sale
Selling 4 Durant 4-lug wheels (2 front and 2 rear). $200 shipping for all four. For photos and dimensions: http://www.escapeit.org/durant/durant wheels.htm Good luck on your restorations and hope to see you in Texarkana! -- Gary
Views: 803   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 12:46pm
by john
DMAC meet
Thanks Rick for the DVD
Views: 575   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 9:30am
by Rick Botti
doors 4dr sedan
I am sure I have a set of doors off a 27 star 4dr sedan,some with original glass if anyone is looking for some , other parts available.grills,engines,front axles and others 1-231-625-5990
Views: 265   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 6:52am
by Ray Bauers
parts
getting old parts together for an up coming flea market in our area, found a Durant part I forgot I had. Does any one need a windshield frame? sand blasted, in good condition, not bent or twisted. Was for the 33 Durant I had but may fit other years or makes,
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 3, 2009 5:53am
by Norm Toone
1932 Durant Roadster
Now there you go Gary .. All orig roadster and it seems to have a 1930 instrument cluster dash. Rad shell 619 ??? southwest MN craigslist http://marshall.craigslist.org/cto/1359308045.html
Views: 811   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 4:03am
by Norm Toone
HERSHEY, GET Ready< SET> Let's Go!
Our Durant Base Camp will be on the Red Field, behind the stadium. Look for spaces RSG 31, 32 or 33. We will have shelter and refreshment. Set up will be Tuesday, October 6th, starting around noon. We will have a camper, a trailer with a Mod 70 Deluxe sedan on it...
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 3:07am
by Arthur Roberts
Hershey starts 2 weeks from today. Space is available for Durantonians
HERSHEY is 2 weeks away. Our Durant Base Camp will be on the Red Field, behind the stadium. Look for spaces RSG 31, 32 or 33. We will have shelter and refreshment. Set up will be Tuesday, October 6th, starting around noon. We will have a camper, a trailer with...
Views: 348   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 2, 2009 2:53am
by Arthur Roberts
Hershey Question
I'll be on the East Coast in time to visit Hershey on Wednesday. I see our space will be set up but will many vendors be there by then?
Views: 281   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 8:37pm
by gary k
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

The Durant Motors Automobile Club