Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DeVaux Wins at Hershey

Hi All.....

Just looked over the winners list from the AACA Fall meet at Hershey.

Long time member Myron Cummings won a First Junior with his 1931 DeVaux in Class 20A.

Congratulations Myron, a very well deserved award.

It was a pleasure talking to you at the meet. Thanks for representing the DMAC at Hershey!

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 16 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Re: DeVaux Wins at Hershey

Myron....
three cheers for you.....a Hershey win is a big win...we are all proud of you....you do us all an honor by being a Durantonian.... regards, Gary k

Where Are You From? plymouth meeting, pa. u.s.a.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 6-14 4 dr. "coach" ; 1929 durant model 70 coupe ; 1925 star "F" roadster

Hello all.
Not sure if everyone that reads our Durant Club forum maybe understands the significance or difficultly of winning any level of a AACA award especially the AACA Junior or Senior award for a antique car. Antique Automobile club of America was founded in 1935 and are the ones that basically devised and started the point judging system on antique cars. The rule is any make of car foreign or domestic must be at least 25 years old and be totally stock. For instance Myron's DeVaux car could not have any Phillip screws showing, no rated bolts with markings on the heads of them, no plastic electrical wiring. no stainless steel hose clamps, no soft molded rubber radiator house's, etc etc etc, and AACA has schooled judges for ever different part of the car, like one for paint, one for wiring, one for the motor, one for the uph, and they know there stuff. I have been a member of AACA a long time and am proud to have built Charlie Spitz a AACA first Junior award winning 1930 Durant 4 door model 407. It is on our web site a red car.
The great heavy cast trophy is only part of it as everyone that wins at Junior or Senior gets a life time ID number signifying that car is a AACA winner and that information is kept in perpetuity at Hershey headquarters and each recipient gets a oval license topper that has the award number on it. Course the next step is to enter the car in another AACA show anywhere they are held and go for a AACA Senior. It is almost assured if the car got a Junior and is still sharp it will win a Senior award. These awards and designations add many dollars value to a antique car. Lots of cars cannot even get the junior award when entering a show.
We were fortunate to archive a Junior award on a first try and it was at a Spring meet here in Carlsbad CA north of San Diego.
I can't remember but I think someone else scored a AACA award with a Durant car before we did years ago.
Congratulations Myron.
Faithfully
Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? San Diego

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

Way to go Myron! As an AACA Judge I applaud you for like Frank, Gary and Lance state Hershey is not usually the place to go for a first competition. Because it has turned out for many years to be the show of shows, competition is great. I Judged at Hershey in 2008 and saw many cars that were better than when they came off the assembly line. Not one speck of dirt, frayed wire, etc. Many people who never turned a wrench on a car have their cars shipped in from all over the country just for this show. The best professional restoration shops are represented there. An often the choice is so tough that it comes down to a small scratch or piece of grease that was missed that determines the winning car. You can now join Bill Vigus, and Ed Vomero with their Flint's and Stars that have won the honor.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

hello everyone
glad to hear myron got the recognition he deserves,saw him an howard reinke at hershey several years ago an there both great guys,from what ive seen myrons cars are excellently restored,an deserves the trophy,helping to put the devauxs out there to be seen, be proud myron,you deserve it,an i am proud to be in the same club,hopefully when my devaux is finished it will look half as good as yours,maybe you can give me some pointers in the future
dave enrico

Where Are You From? so calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 devaux sports coupe, 1932 devaux sports coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club