Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two Houdaille rear shocks; Locomobile, Fronty, Durant, 1926 on,

Norm, et all,
Thanks for the e-Bay tip on 320437222566:($24,99, 4 Days left, 0 Bids).

"Two Houdaille rear shocks with slight variations Used by 1926 - 30 Pierce-Arrow, Lincoln, Locomobile, McFarlan. Both need rebuilding. Shock arm length c-c is 10 1/2", link is 9 1/2" c-c and 8" c-c, both links are adjustable. Bolt spacing is 5 1/8" on center. Over 11 lbs each but both will fit a Large Flat Rate Box. Shipping will include insurance at cost.

"The Fronty and 633 Durant used that type, (Norm)".

However I think these are for a different (Larger) model Locomobile (8-70, 6-90 or 48?) The smaller Loco 1925-27 Junior-8's I have use "Snubbers" with webbing-straps.

Thanks for mentioning it anyway Norm! Maybe another club member can use them.
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Re: Two Houdaille rear shocks; Locomobile, Fronty, Durant, 1926 on,

"""Hi, I do not know, but I'm sure they had many applications. Thanks for asking! - mechantique"""

He's not sure what cars used the shocks but I thought of you and Bob's 633 as maybes. You check out his speedometers ad's as well ?

So your Loco's have similar to the pre 30 Durant's with webbing. Seems our Monroe Shocks by Acme Gear Co of Toronto, can use this type by drilling only one hole in the frame to adapt them to 611, 614 and 618's. So the after market catalogues say. Don't know why they left out the other models like 407 etc which also used same Monroe's.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club