Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
25 vs 26 Stqr

Does anyone know if any of the parts from a 26 Star will fit my 25? Trans, axels, rear dfferential, engine, brake drums, etc Thanks

Where Are You From? Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Star Coach

Re: 25 vs 26 Stqr

Hi Eliot, As far as I know, most of those parts you listed should interchange between model F and model M. There are some suttle differences in the engine and some possible big differences in the brakes. If they pass a visual test,you should be OK.

Where Are You From? Prescott,Arizona

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star touring

Re: 25 vs 26 Stqr

Hi Eliot....

As Rusty said there are some items that will interchange between the Model F and Model M.

But there are a lot of variations within the same models and years. Also between factories.

A visual comparison is probably the best. I would suggest that you get yourself a good copy of the parts books for each model and compare part numbers. That is the best way.

I have model F, M & R Stars and there are differences.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 16 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

The Durant Motors Automobile Club