Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trains Buggys & Automobiles Lancaster PA September 2010

Hi All...

Just an update on the 2010 National Convention to be held September 8 through 13 , 2010. The dates are finalized, still working on hotels. Should have that done within a couple weeks.

This will be the largest gathering of Durant products ever seen in this century! I have talked to members who will be bringing cars that have never been seen at a DMAC event before.

If you have never been to Lancaster County Pennsylvania check it out by visiting the tourist info web site.

We will have tours, train rides, buggy trips and a lot of interesting side trips. Cathy is working on a couple unique Ladies activities. She has already checked out most of the shopping while I was at Hershey!

We will have a unique venue for our banquet (think Auburn).

This will be a very well attended event, mark your calenders you won't want to miss it.

Much more info to follow.......

See YUNZ in Lancaster......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 16 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Re: Trains Buggys & Automobiles Lancaster PA September 2010

Hi All.....

Her is the website....

www.padutchcountry.com

Enjoy......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 16 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Hi Frank: Got the dates marked down and will book our room when you get the hotel information looking forward to it for sure. Tom & Karen

Where Are You From? PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2

I JUST PASSED STRASBURG RAILROAD YESTERDAY...TRAINS ARE ALL POLISHED AND AWAITING OUR ARRIVAL...AND THE PA. RAILROAD MUSEUM IS THERE ALSO.....MARCIA AND I ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MEET...HOPEFULLY, I CAN BRING ONE OF MY CARS....GARY K

Where Are You From? plymouth meeting, pa. u.s.a.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 6-14 4 dr. "coach" ; 1929 durant model 70 coupe ; 1925 star "F" roadster

Hi Frank. Thanks for letting us know the dates early In the next week the Millers & the Babicks will start to explore how we will get there. train or air most likely the train.

Where Are You From? Sunnie Calie-fornia

Do You own a car built by Durant? Stars, Stars

Hi Frank. Thanks for letting us know the dates early In the next week the Millers & the Babicks will start to explore how we will get there. train or air, most likely the train.

Where Are You From? Sunnie Calie-fornia

Do You own a car built by Durant? Stars, Stars

Bert and Sonia

Keep in mind that horse and buggy is the mode of choice for transportation in the Lancaster area, so you may want to add that to your list. In 1849 the cry was go west young man, and they traveled by wagon train, in 2010 the cry is go east to the DMAC, and get there the best way that you know how, but get there!
charlie

Where Are You From? NJ CA HI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant 6-63, 1930 Durant 407, 1931 Durant 619

OK Durantonians I know this is way early, but Frank and I have been talking and we would like this to be a maximum car effort. I'm not sure what the record is for Durant cars at a Durant meet since 1998 but we would like to break that record. So those that have been putting off getting the ole gal running have almost a year to get it fixed and running. As a matter of fact doesn't matter if it's restored or not, get it on a trailer and bring it!

Where Are You From? Oviedo (Near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 Durant

Mike
While I have not kept a record per se, photographs will help us with numbers. I think the most that we have had is 15. So with that in mind, why not set the goal at 20, and see what happens.
Oh, and if we get a horse and buggy from the Durant/Dort buggy company does that count?
charlie

Where Are You From? NJ CA HI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant 6-63, 1930 Durant 407, 1931 Durant 619

The Durant Motors Automobile Club