Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
d
Dennis
1931 Devaux Restored Chassis
Hello All, Finally making some progress on my restoration. The brake shoes have been relined and the rear end has all new bearings, races, and seals. Dennis
Views: 509   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 23, 2010 6:47pm
by John Willoughby
Durant model 619 in the Netherlands
Here is a picture of what appears to me as a model 619. The picture was taken somewhere in the Netherlands years ago. I don't know how I came to have this picture or just how many years it has in buried in the computer. But it is a nice discovery. What do you thin...
Views: 434   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 23, 2010 11:00am
by Gordon F. Curl
Dayton Spring Meet Agenda
HI All.... Agenda for Dayton..... See you there..... Frank Welcome Durantonians! Welcome to the Spring meet of the DMAC. The following information and daily agenda should make this an enjoyable experience. Hotel: Holiday Inn Dayton Mall 31 Pres...
Views: 448   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 22, 2010 11:14pm
by Rick Botti
x
Estimado Rick,te escribo para saber los colores de pintura que venian en mi auto,si me puedes enviar por mail un muestrario de las combinaciones que se hacian,por que estoy haciendo la chapa y pintura. Y necesito saber también,el mail del dueño del auto Du...
Views: 379   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 22, 2010 11:13pm
by Rick Botti
Sale of d65
I n Feb of this year there was an Email posted by Mister Roy Tunby out of Bozeman Montana. He was looking for a Durant. I replied to him about my D65 which I thought I might sell. I don't really have the expertise for this car. Although it was a very tough to part wi...
Views: 332   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 22, 2010 7:25am
by Mike Linthicum
Selling Print Ads at Dayton meet
Hello, If you (or any others?) need any of my print Ads (Star, Durant,Flint Locomobile,Rugby Truck, etc.) let me know. I got a big "mixed" pile with my Loco parts! I will bring a large pile of these "period" print Ads to sell cheap to club members ($4,$5 to $10,...
Views: 289   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 21, 2010 1:10am
by Rory Deaton
Following A Star 2
Hello again everyone. Thank you for all of the replys and answers to my questions on the previous thread "following A Star". With this new thread, I'll discuss repairing the body sheet metal and preparing to send the completed body including the top to the uphols...
Views: 496   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 20, 2010 8:22pm
by Lance Chabot
escutcheons
Does anybody have a pic of the proper escutcheons for a 30 614 deluxe, mine are all mismatched Rory
Views: 309   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 20, 2010 3:14am
by Norm Toone
Durants worth
What is a 1929 Durant 2 door coupe with a rumble seat and is in original condition with no damage worth. Upholstery is good.
Views: 306   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 19, 2010 7:16pm
by Gary k
W5 Cylinder Oversize
I am looking for opinions as to how far one can safely bore out the cylinders on a W5(or W4)engine. I am considering using Dodge 3 7/16" pistons that are .30 over. Any ideas??
Views: 320   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 18, 2010 9:52pm
by Rusty Buchanan
Durant for sale on EBAY
FYI There is a 1929 Durant M-2 4 door Sedan for sale on EBAY. #120557246070
Views: 341   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 18, 2010 5:59pm
by Jim Greenamyer
w
willy
anyone looking to buy
a friend is interested in selling his complete, fully restorable Durant. The only thing i see missing is the lady from top of the rad. Pics available upon request. Serious inquiries only please.
Views: 285   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 17, 2010 6:12am
by Lance Chabot
b
Brian
Split Type Rear End Housing
I am re-machining the differential for new bearings. From what I can see in the repair manual, the bearings should stay in the housings, is this correct? Does the diff have to slide in the bearings in order to adjust the ring gear to the pinion? Thanks, Brian.
Views: 431   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 16, 2010 6:22pm
by Brian
Tillotson carburetor
Hi, I inherited a box of misc antique car parts from my dad. He had collected various antique cars. I have a Tillotson carburetor Model L 1A and I think it is brass. I sent Tillotson an email with a picture of the carburetor and the model # and asked what year o...
Views: 521   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 16, 2010 11:33am
by Norm Toone
Visits by Country
Even after 12 years of managing this website, I'm still amazed by how many people visit this site and the forum everyday. The numbers are very good at over 150 visits a day, But I'm also curious about where they come from and I can certainly say the website is paid v...
Views: 312   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2010 8:16pm
by Rick Botti
Parts from me to you delivered by Kem McCormick?
Just putting it out there that since Ken offered. I could send the distributor housings and other parts to Dayton. Let me know by sunday night. Franz
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 13, 2010 5:49am
by Lance Chabot
Distributor housings
Just wanted to put it out there that I will send a few extra distributor housings with Ken. I will probably get together with him in the next couple of days. Please let me know if there is something else needed. Also if someone need something rebuilt give it to K...
Views: 339   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 12, 2010 12:31pm
by Ken McCormick
landau bars
Don , in your project Star coupe 1927 will you install the landau bars? I am looking for a set. if someone got informations about that i will appreciate pics.
Views: 599   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 11, 2010 9:42am
by Dennis
Distributor housings
Hello everyone, just wanted to share, that I just finished the second model housing. This one is for earlier models.
Views: 626   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 9, 2010 5:39pm
by Darren
Getting Sidetracked to Get Started Again
Have you ever worked yourself into a situation where you had to do several other things to finish the first? Well, I bought a Norton surface grinder at auction and I had no way to get it off my trailer. So, I found a 1971 Toyota 4000 lb. forklift in Houston for 400....
Views: 306   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2010 4:06pm
by Don Shilling
Free delivery of parts
I will be leaving here on wed the 14th . Have room to haul parts if anyone needs them . I am driving a 1 ton chev so have lots of room. As long as its not to far off my route I would be happy to pick up and deliver to Dayton . Heading to Spokane -then east on I 90 d...
Views: 281   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 9, 2010 3:59pm
by Norm Toone
Ignition Key/s
I am in need of an Ignition Key for my 1923 Durant A22. I hope that someone may have and extra key or a replica that I can purchase. Thank you.
Views: 569   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 7, 2010 12:53pm
by Norm Toone
flywheel sheet metal cover 1929 rugby
anyone have one for 1929 rugby?
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2010 6:39am
by joe griffin
Identifying a Transmission
The input shaft on my 25 Star transmission has a lot of slop so I thought I'd rebuild it. Then I found a spare transmission in the pile of parts that came with the car. In comparing the two, the spare has a filler plug on the side while the one in the car doesn't...
Views: 334   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 2, 2010 10:48am
by Vince O'Brien
The remains of a Star Car
I don't know if anybody cares but when I was a teenager living out side of O'Neil, Nebraska I discovered an old car rotting away in the woods on my grandfathers farm. The wood frame members were pretty much gone and so was the engine,the block later discovered in it...
Views: 362   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 2, 2010 4:33am
by Norm Toone
Dayton Ohio Spring Meet Hotel Information
Hi All.... Here is the Hotel information for the ECC Spring meet. April 22-24 Holiday Inn Dayton Mall 31 Prestige Plaza Dr. Miamisburg, OH 45342 1-800-287-0037 When you call mention the Durant Motors Auto Club for...
Views: 776   Replies: 19
Last Post: Apr 1, 2010 8:28pm
by Lance Chabot
Brake Return Spring
Hello Fellow members, I am in dire need of a rear brake return spring. The spring measures 7" long. It is a split-spring, but I don't think it has to be as I see no clearance problem. I tried Napa & Auto Zone, but no luck. Thanks for your help. Dennis
Views: 293   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 1, 2010 9:02am
by Ross Hoevet
614 gas tank unit
Ok my turn to ask questions. I pulled the floation unit out of the 32's tank, pic attached. What the heck is the thing supposed to look like and how does it work ? The center pivot part looked like some crustation off a sunken galleon and it I carefully remove bits I...
Views: 1351   Replies: 35
Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 12:42pm
by Norm Toone
Dayton Ohio-here I come
Made the reservations today - hope to arrive on the 21st of april. See you all there. If anyone needs anything brought from out west let me know -I will be driving a 1 ton chev so have room for some deliveries if there are any needed I will be going thru spokane was...
Views: 254   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 12:13pm
by Ken McCormick
Durant Radio ???
Hi All..... Did any Durant product ever come with a factory radio? Does anyone have one with an aftermarket radio? My 619 has an antenna mounted on the cowl, but any radio is long gone. I was able to find a super rare antenna for my cars on eBay. Now wou...
Views: 817   Replies: 19
Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 11:39am
by Norm Toone
Found yet another Durant on craigslist
In Redding, CA Advertised as a 1928 Durant Star all original roadster with rumble seat. http://redding.craigslist.org/cto/1568574679.html
Views: 528   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 11:29am
by Norm Toone
W5 Rear Engine Seal
Well when I rev up the old engine, oil start coming out from under the rear main bearing. The Engine was rebuilt, last summer and new felts from Olson's were put in. But now it looks like I must replace the felts. But I do not what to remove crank. Looking...
Views: 334   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 3:25pm
by Guy Belzil
Star Radiator Shell Wanted
Hi All..... I need a good radiator shell for a 1926-27 Star. This is the wider shell as used on the Model M. Willing to buy or trade for a shell in good condition that can be plated. Thanks....... Frank ---
Views: 296   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 6:21am
by Frank Witkowski
throw out bearing
I'm looking for a throw out bearing for a 1928 Durant Engine No. 15L-1839 Serial No. E-2662 Model D-65 I appreciate any help Thank You Dwayne Scheidel 1769 7 mile road NW Comstock Park Mi 49321 Cell 616-901-8657
Views: 252   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 5:18am
by Dwayne Scheidel
Head Light Rims Durant A22 1924
Hi Fellows, Hope you may be able to help me. Looking for Headlight Rims for my A22 Durant 1924 Project.The ones I have are passed the restorable stage.
Views: 406   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 1:23am
by Bruce McCann
I'm needing help, Brakes and Gauges.
I finally got the call i’ve been waiting for. My motor is finished and ready to be picked up. Talk about crazy on the price though, about $2000 more then I was anticipating. I’ll be heading down to San Diego to pick it up this weekend. What do I need to r...
Views: 714   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 1:16am
by Bruce McCann
Early A22 and parts seeking
Hi, would anyone have a pair of National brand cowl light lens to part with, they match the National script headlight lens. I am also looking for a Durant Hayes wire wheel cap as well, am missing one from wire wheels. My car is the earliest of the A22 versions with u...
Views: 613   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 1:09am
by Bruce McCann
Ignition key
Anyone have a key or know where I can get one? I am tired of twiting the wires together under the dash, don,t want to burn the old girl down. I could hook up a toggle for now but would like to do it right. Thanks Vern
Views: 965   Replies: 17
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 12:51am
by Bruce McCann
The Latest Partner
I'm cleaning my desk top, paying bills, and catching up on my filing, (mostly round files), and now I find a Durant Partner under this pile of papers that I haven't read. It's unsealed which means my wife has already read it and placed it where I could find it easily...
Views: 271   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 12:30am
by Jim Greenamyer
A22 Hayes Durant wire wheel hub cap and hood mechanism details - 4 door open tourer body
Would anyone know where I could procure a good Hayes Durant wire wheel hubcap for A22 Durant? I am missing one of the four. I have procured a low mileage Durant that had sat underneath a house for 60 years. It has a really good body and easy restoration. Car i...
Views: 358   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 12:18am
by Bruce McCann
Water Outlet Pipe for 1924 Star
I need a new water outlet pipe for my 1924 Star with a W-4 engine. I know these were reproduced at some time but I have not been able to locate one. Can anyone help? Thanks, Bob
Views: 300   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 29, 2010 7:59am
by Bob Deangelis
Sell
Hi All, it's been a while. Hard economic times has forced me to put my 1929 M-2 up for sale. It has all been re-done, except for a couple items.Body and interior new, engine-starter-generater rebuilt, new tires. All it needs speedo rebuilt, brakes need some work, oth...
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2010 7:51am
by David Ford
15th Annual DMAC Ontario Region meet & Tour
Hi all you good folk! This is your advance notice of the 15th Annual DMAC tour. July 1 - 4, 2010 To be held in Guelph at the same location as the last two years. As in other years, we will be inviting two other groups to join in with us. WOKR club (Willys Ove...
Views: 289   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 29, 2010 7:15am
by Gordon F. Curl
second gear
I am still looking for a second gear for my M2 3 speed can anyone tell me where I get one "OR" do I need to have it made?
Views: 345   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 27, 2010 10:00am
by Bill Hoaglan
DeVaux Police Car ???
Hi All... OK all you DeVaux owners out there. This picture showed up on the AACA forum recently. It was identified as a DeVaux Police car. What do you think? Frank ---
Views: 350   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 24, 2010 6:40am
by Frank Witkowski
Reproduction Clutch Fingers
Last night I received a new pair of clutch fingers for my 1929 model 60. They are made of high grade steel from an original part in excellent condition. The new parts are slightly thicker at ¼”. In a couple of weeks I will install them along and let you kn...
Views: 475   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 23, 2010 5:57pm
by Rick Botti
Need help with possible value of a Durant delivery truck.
I have a friend who has a 1926 Star canopy top open cab delivery truck, that was restored by her late father. It is in great shape, runs and drives and we have tons of literature and pics of the restoration and parades of this wonderful vehicle. Unfortunately, she...
Views: 362   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 20, 2010 8:17pm
by ELI REEVE
need studs for wire wheels
I am looking for studs for wire wheels 5 left hand studs and 10 leftnuts and 10 right nuts also looking for caps to fit on wire wheels can be plain or have the D on them any condition Does anyone know of any one who can make them I have found them on the durant sit...
Views: 271   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 18, 2010 7:01pm
by Ken McCormick
Ugh - Camber Problem on my right front wheel.
So I have gotten my wooden wheels back from Regina. The wiggle wiggle is gone but..... Now having round and straight felloes, I figured it was time to set the Caster, Camber and Toe In. Caster is ok and understandable, toe in also ( I found 7/8" toe in.. res...
Views: 418   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 18, 2010 6:40pm
by Frank Witkowski
Pictures and Data Request; Locomobile
Gary, et All, Great project! I have been collecting this type of data on the Durant era Locomobiles (Mostly alone!) since I got 3+ Tons of parts (mixed-up) with my Locomobile Junior 8's bought previouly (2008). Still sorting and identifying parts myself. There ar...
Views: 464   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 18, 2010 7:47am
by Mike Linthicum
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

The Durant Motors Automobile Club