Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carb on this motor

I have a carb on this engine that is a carter Model BB-1 . I always understood that the carbs for this car were a stromberg or tillotson . Would this be a kind of jury rig made so the car would run or is it another of the many weird parts that show up on the durant cars ?
This engine that I got in Missouri had all the parts attached -generator -water pump--starter--carburator- distributer- Even the brake light switch
If anyone needs parts I may be able to supply them . I know someone was asking me for rims for the wood spoke wheels which I now have.Ialso have 8 wood spoke wheels in various conditions (some look good but others are rotted out in parts) Tranny looks okay too but I have not opened it up so dont know what it is like inside. I was told the car ran when it was parked and then taken apart . Must have been some time ago because there is a lot of rust sround although the engine does turn over. Drive shaft is good too.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Carb on this motor

Hi Ken....

The 6-14 originally used a Stromberg U-2 carb.

I have seen the the BB-1 used as a replacement.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 16 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Re: Carb on this motor

HELLO THE CARTER B.B.1 WAS ORIGINAL EQUIPTMENT ON CHEVY AND GMC CAB OVER TRUCKS, THEY WORK GREAT ON EARLY CARS,THERE WAS ALSO ALOT OF ADAPTERS MADE FOR VARIOUS CONVERSIONS,ALTHOUGHT NOT ORIGINAL IT IS DEFINITELY WORTH HOLDING ON TO
DAVE

Where Are You From? SO CALIF

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DEVAUX COUPE, 1932 DEVAUX COUPE,

The Durant Motors Automobile Club