Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dayton Spring Meet

OK it's been a day since you all returned home, so let's hear about the Dayton Spring meet and see some pictures. Hated I could not go, but can't wait to see some pictures and hear some reports.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Re: Dayton Spring Meet

Hi Mike and All,
I got back Sunday night after staying over midway just North of Nashville Tn. after many hours of very heavy rain & storms! Thus Sunday's short half trip back in the sunshine was really enjoyable! I had a great time finaly meeting many "New" faces for me in the Club and attending the Thursday night, Friday, and Saturday activities. It was a wonderful event; well organized and run by Frank & Cathy W.

Many thanks also to all the great Club members that helped load my "new" collection of a Ton-plus of Locomobile parts from Jack Connor's trailer over to mine. I could not have done it without your help! Finally many thanks for Ken McCormick bringing the possible "Loco" axle all the way from Camloops B.C. to the meet for me.

Lastly many thanks to all those who bought parts and the Ad's from me; this really did cover my Gas costs pulling that Heavy trailer load home!! I really enjoyed Saturday night showing my Locomobile pictures and telling the club members about the "Loco" brand. Thank you all for your interest and listening.

I'm already laying out this "New" 8-70 Locomobile chassis and putting all it's parts together (with others I had)...hope to have pictures of a rolling Chassis, and a Loco article written soon for Frank.

Looking forward to seeing You-all again soon at a future get together. I really enjoyed meeting you all!

Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? "New" 27 Locomobile 8-70, 25 Loco JR-8 Brougham, 26 Loco JR-8 Sedan, and JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Re: Dayton Spring Meet

Lance glad you got home safe. Hope to see you again. Hope everyone got home safe and sound. Heard from Ken from BC he made it home. Trying to convince his wife to come to Lancaster in Sept. I should have my pictures soon. Will send Frank the disc. That trailer loading 101 part should be interesting. Tom and I had a wonderful time it was great to see the people we met in VA. and now some new ones from Ohio. See you all at Lancaster. Thanks Frank and Kathy for the rides to the events we sure did appreciate it.

Where Are You From? Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 Star's

The Durant Motors Automobile Club