Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Car for sale?

I have been thinking of selling my Durant. It is a lovely car that has been trouble free for years now but I haven't' had the luxury of really driving it much for some time and as I continue to struggle to get the bills paid after a long period of unemployment I am thinking of turning her over to a new owner.

The worst I can say about the car is that it needs speedometer work and a better carb. The model A carb that has been on on the car since I bought it lets it run and drive fine, but it seems to hold her back some. The wiper motor has a leak too, but I have never used the wipers.

The car has no rust, nice paint, five new tires and tubes, all new wiring, all new exhaust, a new float for the vacuum tank gas feed, a new clutch and flywheel. The u-joint has new balls too. The motor was rebuilt back in the eighties and I have receipts for that and a bunch of other stuff that was done at the time. The upholstery is nice. Not original, but not that shiny acetate stuff that I see in so many cars. The tan roof looks great.

I have had such wonderful help and advice over the years from this site but decreased my time here when I got overwhelmed with bills and didn't keep up my membership. Somehow it didn't seem right to take so much and give back so little.

Before I go the eBay or Craigslist route, does anyone have any advice? I don't want a local person to buy this car because it is the coolest car in the area that can be adulterated into a rod. I am hoping to pass it along to someone who appreciates the history of the marque and can be content puttering along at less than modern speeds.

Any feedback is welcome. I haven't determined a price yet because the whole idea of selling it makes me a little sad.

Thank you always,
Justin

Where Are You From? Rochester, NY

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1928 M2 Coupe

Re: Car for sale?

hello justin, i appreciate your love of the durant ...i have owned them starting back in the 1960's, when i started the original durant star club....
can you give us an idea of make model and some pics with a description of paint and such???if you have some minimum price you are willing to accept to keep the car in durant hands, let us know....thanks, and regards, gary k

Where Are You From? penna

Justin has a beautiful green coupe. We have a few pictures of it in the Photograph section. Below is a direct link:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/durant/Additions/justin/Justin1928.html

Rick

I wasn't really asking people here to buy it, but if the car finds a loyal friend here that's fine. I am in Rochester, NY, an hour east of Buffalo, an hour west of Syracuse, and about 3 hours from Binghamton. I will get more pictures soon, but I am in transition from one computer to the other and the files haven't been copied over yet.

Oddly enough, a few years ago I caught someone on eBay selling pictures of my car that they had taken at a car show. Maybe I should have bought a few since he was a better photographer than I am.

More soon.
thanks for your interest and input,
Justin

I don't know if this will work, but here are two links to pictures of the car. If they don't show up as links then you can try copying and pasting them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7820553@N03/2955528307/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7820553@N03/2956373932/

Thank you again for your interest,
Justin

The Durant Motors Automobile Club