Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Do These Cars Still Exist ???

Hi All....

I just purchased an accumulation of Durant literature. Among the items where two Harrah"s Vehicle items.

One is an auction catalog from the June 27-29 1986 no reserve sale. On page 8 is a listing for lot # 36 a 1931 DeVaux DeLuxe rumble seat coupe. It is a Model 6-75 with wire wheels.

On page 9 is lot # 42, a 1922 Durant B-22 touring, has accessory tonneau windshield, wood spoke wheels.

Also in this collection is a Surplus Parts catalog. There is no date on this one. On page 7 there is a picture of a 1931 DeVaux Model 6-75 wire wheel sedan, has some wood rot, priced at $1,200.

Listed in the miscellaneous parts section are some Star 4 cylinder motors.

All these cars and parts are pictured, the auction ones are in color , the parts are black and white.

Does anyone own these cars???

Frank

---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Re: Do These Cars Still Exist ???

Hello Frank
I know the Harrah B-22 still exists...It is in England, recent member Ed Kearney owns it. It didn't travel too well as it was involved with a dock side fire. However, Mr. Kearney did have insurance and the car is under going a restoration.
Talking of Harrah, they must have had a collection of parts cars, because I know of other owners of B-22s that were able to buy needed parts. I think they conducted some swap/flee market activities also....when Mr. Harrah was still alive.

Bob

Where Are You From? tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? a-22,b-22,633

Hi:

I have a picture of that 31 DeVaux coupe that was taken when the car was in the collection in Sparks, NV. It was sold to a man in the Salinas Ca. area. I have no idea where the 31 sedan went.
When they held these auctions (3 I think) they also sold the 32 convert. that went to Howard R. who sold it to Myron C. I have asked the museum in Reno if they could trace the ownership of the 32 to the owner before Mr. Harrah.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I know it took years to sell off the parts cars and engines. I remember hearing about the sales up in the Lake Tahoe area.
Mr. Harrah did not have a will and his family let it all go to Holliday Inn Corp.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club